What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matador BBQs One-Day Cup, 2014/15

TheParraboy

Staff member
Literally sounds like 5 or 6 people at the ground in the Vic v SA game

SA just got a wicket and there was like a few claps

woefull, they should take these games to the people, outside the city

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Epic choke here by SA.

My understanding is that nines condition to televise it was that it be at grounds that require minimal setup for them, and the tournament be played in a block in order to generate repeat interest.

Historically when they've played these matches at regional grounds they've only got a thousand or so people there anyway. At least this way a wider audience can watch it.

I am finding it hilarious that this game is in HD whilst last night the NRL GF was in SD though.

franklin2323

Immortal
My understanding is that nines condition to televise it was that it be at grounds that require minimal setup for them, and the tournament be played in a block in order to generate repeat interest.

Historically when they've played these matches at regional grounds they've only got a thousand or so people there anyway. At least this way a wider audience can watch it.

I am finding it hilarious that this game is in HD whilst last night the NRL GF was in SD though.

So why not after the BBL so it's closer to the WC?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Epic choke here by SA.

I tuned in half way through the run chase and switched off a few overs later
I couldn't get the empty ground out of my head after each delivery, lol
Blues not playing didnt help

Agree with frankln2323, this comp should be on after the BBL. Not an ideal world obviously

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wonder how long before Haze is injured.

hopefully in 2024 sometime

If the kid gets some regular and injury free game time, he will be a permanent member of the Australian test side within 12 months, I have no doubt about that

franklin2323

Immortal
I tuned in half way through the run chase and switched off a few overs later
I couldn't get the empty ground out of my head after each delivery, lol
Blues not playing didnt help

Agree with frankln2323, this comp should be on after the BBL. Not an ideal world obviously

Lucky we have 20 odd ODI's before the world cup but knowing a few of them. we will get injuries. Then we pull someone up from Shield cricket

TheParraboy

Staff member
NSW V QLD live on GEM tomorrow folks from 2pm AEDT (2nd game between the states this week) at the GABBA, hopefully a decent turnout.

Henriques v Hopes
Khawaja v Maddinson

Am working :x but should catch the 2nd half of the game, (love the day nighters for this reason) then leading into the Aussie vs Paki 2nd ODI at 10pm AEDT :cool:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How fast does Sandhu bowl ?

No speedometer at the Gabba today.

Nice action and bounce but would like to see him bowl about 10 ks quicker. He looks to be abit quicker than Copeland but not really a fast bowler, I'm guessing about 125-130 ks. Very accurate but I dont see him making the next step up to International Cricket at his pace, much like Copeland.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
NSW should do their best to keep Hartley in, snail and they are happy to open with him while guys like Cutting barely get a hit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He is making Oozie look pretty good at the other end, problem is he is also putting a bit of pressure on Oozie to speed up the scoring.

Cummins looking pretty good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Now Hartley burns QLD'S best player in a run out :lol:

He's already wasted over 60 balls on a belter.

Latest posts