What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai

innsaneink

Referee
Gee hes an immature f**king grub....stickin his tongue out during our national anthem...disrespectful lowlife.

Parra Guru

Coach
I thought it was Ironic that he did that painful look at the ref when someone got him a bit high

Newton looked like a Royal dickhead during the anthem too

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Gee hes an immature f**king grub....stickin his tongue out during our national anthem...disrespectful lowlife.

didnt see that - I was watching to see what matai and afaamasaga were doing making sure they werent singing it. lol

What they are supposed to do? what I think is disrespectful is the fact they dont play the New Zealand national anthem aswell.
How many kiwis players and kiwi teams do we need before they recognise that it is a trans-tasman competition these days.

Lego_Man

First Grade
mean_maori_mean said:
What they are supposed to do? what I think is disrespectful is the fact they dont play the New Zealand national anthem aswell.
How many kiwis players and kiwi teams do we need before they recognise that it is a trans-tasman competition these days.

No.

shear_joy9

Coach
mean_maori_mean said:

If that happened it would open the case for every player from a different country to have their national anthem played.

GF is played in Australia, our anthem only should be played.

neeknitsuj

Juniors
I don't get why they disrespect our anthem while we have to watch them do their dance every time and when we slightly disrespect it they go all crazy.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
neeknitsuj said:
I don't get why they disrespect our anthem while we have to watch them do their dance every time and when we slightly disrespect it they go all crazy.

well you guys can sing watlzing matilda - and I promise kiwis wont disrespect yous.

Please what did - pretty sure he did nothing. They went along looking at each manly player singing the anthem - he smirked b'coz they stopped at him and he wasnt singing??

we dont care if you disrespect the haka - u'll just get smashed like willie mason.

mattyg

Bench
i noticed Newton looking like a f**kwad during the anthem as well...disrespectful grubs.

Parra Guru

Coach
he was grinning like a school girl, he just looked like a dick, I dunno if he thought he was being smart or something

RLIF

Juniors
Matai is a Kiwi and Newton is American....I don’t blame them...if that was me I would have been yawning and scratching my nuts while that crap was being played!

blain

Juniors
yeah, why would they have to do anything? in tests the other team prob does the same thing.

Johns Magic

Referee
RLIF said:
Matai is a Kiwi and Newton is American....I don’t blame them...if that was me I would have been yawning and scratching my nuts while that crap was being played!

Pffft.

Newton's mum happened to be in America when she squeezed him out. Doesn't make him an American, even if he played for their league side.

If the anthem is being played, and its not your national anthem, show a little respect, look forward, close your eyes - whatever. Just dont act like a clown.

innsaneink

Referee
RLIF said:

You need to learn respect

innsaneink said:
You need to learn respect

Agreed. I didn't see what happened, but i'll be a little embarassed as a kiwi if he was disrespecting the aussie anthem and i'd be just as angry if the roles were reversed.

Having said that if he was just giving it to the camera man who focussed on him during the anthem as he was a kiwi, then thats a different story.

It amazes me how these guys always focus in on the kiwis who arent singing during australian sporting finals.