What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: R13 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones - Old Boys Day

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Tales

Juniors
Brownie was a better PR rep I have to say, people actually bought his BS that losing every game for a few years would lead to a good team.

No one is buying what O'Brien is selling
Brownie built this team. He did by never giving up when rejected by players either. If that doesn't hurt enough we could have KP and Reece Walsh in the same f**king side.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
That really was as poor as it gets.

Mann might have been even worse today than his last few. Deadset heart in mouth stuff every time he passes the ball. Just has no idea what he's doing at all.

perverse

Referee
54% to 46%. We had the ball.
I'm seriously wondering how they put that stat together. They completed 12 more sets, and had 8 more sets than us completed or otherwise. The stats were even worse at half time... so I guess in that respect the second 40 was somehow... better?

Burwood

Bench
On the plus side, Mann playing in the halves while we’re down on troops just makes it clearer to O’Brien that he should be nowhere near the positions when we get troops back.

Old dog

Juniors
Don’t know if we can be better next game, none of injured appear right and likely to loose a few from this game due to injury and suspension.

Jono078

Referee
AOB press conference didn't offer much. Said it took him a long time to come to terms with missing players means we'll do it tough. Used Panthers as the prime example this past round.

Whilst he's not wrong, he also said today isn't good enough and we need to have a better foundation.

Looks like we are targeting the reset button against the Warriors in 2 weeks when we should have Ponga, Hunt, Pearce and Klemmer back.

Old dog

Juniors
I don’t think Hodgson and Young will be quite ready and I guess Sasagi is an option. Pack needs something, hope DanS is ok to give us some minutes. Surely we have to consider Clifford and Watson as halves along with Crossland hopefully available but the next week or two don’t look good

Jono078

Referee
I thought Watson did some good things from 9 late in the game. Is it time to experiment with that for a bit? Brailey can go 80 no doubt, but Watson is a good change of pace and will run from dummy half.

mozza91

Coach
Shit performance but was expected with a bunch of reserve graders running out against an almost full strength team.

King ran the ball hard. Hoy did ok. That’s about all I’ve got.

Burwood

Bench
He'll find a spot for him somewhere.
As long as it’s not in the halves. Watson has lock sewn up. So that leaves centre really, and I’d probably take him over Tuala at the moment.

Only problem I see with him in the centres is that he will end up in the grandstand each time he gets the ball and tries to crab 30m across field.

Burwood

Bench
Shit performance but was expected with a bunch of reserve graders running out against an almost full strength team.

King ran the ball hard. Hoy did ok. That’s about all I’ve got.

How did Fitz go? I was watching the game on and off while doing other things, but one thing that stood out was that he seemed to be hitting pretty hard in defense. Might have just been an optical illusion with the long hair though.

perverse

Referee
How did Fitz go? I was watching the game on and off while doing other things, but one thing that stood out was that he seemed to be hitting pretty hard in defense. Might have just been an optical illusion with the long hair though.
He was a waste of space, much like the rest of them. His effort areas off the ball in particular are quite bad.