What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
For a first round performance with some key pieces missing it's been a really good hit-out. Main thing is we get the 2 points this early on in the season. There's a long time for us to build towards where we need to be by September.

perverse

Referee
For a first round performance with some key pieces missing it's been a really good hit-out. Main thing is we get the 2 points this early on in the season. There's a long time for us to build towards where we need to be by September.
20 to go yet, lol. But yes, a lot of promise in the first 60.

Jono078

Referee
Not sure if this was about the Pearce kick but I liked that he played what was front of him and it was just execution that let us down. Once again it's a good sign and then later in the season these kind of things will come off.

perverse

Referee
What I've liked about this game is that down on troops, we've been able to win by playing to our strength - the middle. It was something I thought should have been happening last year, too. Our passing in and around the ruck has been good, and every single one of our forwards has run hard and tackled hard. We've got one of the best packs in the comp on paper, we should act like it more often.

perverse

Referee
14 offloads to 1... how often have we been on the right end of that on the stat sheet?

Connor and Hunt made a meal of that, lol.

Jono078

Referee
Any thoughts on Fitzgibbon? I don't feel he's been missed tonight and I wouldn't put him ahead of our backrowers tonight.

Latest posts