What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Look at that, Conor and Brailey cleaning up at the end of the match. We missed them greatly.

Brailey has been super solid too for being out for 12 months and playing the full 80.

Alex28

Coach
Frizell, DSaf, Brailey, Barney - all great.

Freeing Pearce of the captaincy - great move.

Giving DSaf the captaincy - brilliant move. Really could be the making of him becoming something special.

Connor really is a very good player. Really hope he gets a free run on injuries and locks down a long-term contract with us.

Backs are a bit clunky, but it’s round 1. Will be better for the run.

Yosh

Coach
What Watson does badly he does badly but what he does well he does Superbly. I hope he can stay fit because we need someone like him in the 17 somewhere.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This has proven to be a really tricky fixture for us over the last few years but we did really well tonight. The obvious concern is the injuries, but on the flip side I hope that O’Brien gives Crossland a shot at 5/8 for the next few weeks until Green is ready to come back.

Our forwards were excellent tonight, DSaf is a monster and his brother isn’t far behind whilst Klem is the engine room of the team. Great debut for Friz and Barnett was good too. Sue looks like a smart signing too, he was physical and got through a good workload.

Pearce seems to be copping some criticism tonight which is a little surprising to me as I thought he mostly made good decisions, he put that first try on a plate for DSaf and gave early ball to Best for his try and overall he was busy and took the line on and got us a repeat set too. Sure it wasn’t perfect but I thought he was solid and was playing with a clear head.

I’ve gotta give Brailey heaps of credit here, his leadership and decision making at dummy half was excellent and made it easier for Pearce to do his job too. It was a reminder of what we missed out on last year after his injury. I’m praying that he stays on the field this year because he makes a massive difference to this team.

Also how good was it to see Watson get through a game. He is always sniffing around the ruck looking for offloads and he’s possibly one of the best second phase players in the game. I just hope he can put a good run of games together from here.