What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seage

Juniors
Only if Turbo miraculously withdraws due to injury.
I just can't see how our defence will stop them scoring 40 points and I just can't see how our attack can score more than 16.

Yosh

Coach
Does anyone have any good feeling about this match? Even if it's a feeling we'll show effort, cohesion and no injuries?

Of course. Tommy will have a super field day and score 5 and put on 3 more. Good feeling as a NSWelshman for sure!!

As a Knight, Jesus help us.

Apey

Staff member
We'll score more points with Ponga and Best back. We will probably concede just as many though too.

perverse

Referee
Does anyone have any good feeling about this match? Even if it's a feeling we'll show effort, cohesion and no injuries?
Not even a flutter of positivity. Maybe we get a good 5 or 10 minutes at the start before Manly punch through our edges like tissue paper and remind us of our place in the competition.

I seriously don't see how we win games anymore. Our confidence is absolutely shattered and we are completely rudderless. Maybe - and it's a big maybe - we can turn it around when Pearce comes back and we have he and Clifford running the show. We need a huge catalyst mentally to bring some belief back - and that's about as close as we're going to get. If that doesn't spark us into any sort of form, then it's a looong painful grind through to a finals series we're definitely not involved in (and to be clear, even with a form reversal at that time, we're still not playing finals this year). We are so far off the pace of this competition. We're playing reserve grade/qld cup/real nrl tier football and I see no evidence that the coach or the club have any real answers at this point.

Not even a flutter of positivity. Maybe we get a good 5 or 10 minutes at the start before Manly punch through our edges like tissue paper and remind us of our place in the competition.
There's been lots of talk that our starts aren't good.
I reckon we come out with intensity but fall apart when we don't convert that into points or make an error or when they score. It doesn't take long. No resilience.

perverse

Referee
There's been lots of talk that our starts aren't good.
I reckon we come out with intensity but fall apart when we don't convert that into points or make an error or when they score. It doesn't take long. No resilience.
There have been matches where you can see it from the very first set in defence. No line speed, no intention, pathetic and submissive first contact. Sometimes it takes a few more sets or a try or two to break the spirit, but unfortunately it inevitably comes. Mentally they are completely shot.

Seage

Juniors
Yep, only the valuable players get injured. Tuala? Shibasaki? Mann? Unbreakable.

I'm worried Hodgson is going to do himself a mischief in reggies and be out for 14 weeks.

Jono078

Referee
Oh FFS.

If Sportsbet offered odds on Ponga and Pearce playing a game together this year I'd be betting on no.

Wish Nathan Brown was here to tell him to stop being soft and just play.

Jono078

Referee
Yep, only the valuable players get injured. Tuala? Shibasaki? Mann? Unbreakable.

I'm worried Hodgson is going to do himself a mischief in reggies and be out for 14 weeks.
Every time I see your name I think of 2004..

Promising start to the year where it looked like we could be significant threat in the finals..

Seage a promising young bloke and ODavis' replacement has been found - does his ACL against the Eels and is never the same after that.

Young backrower Daniel Abraham has gone to another level and is talked about as a potential rep backrower.. Breaks his leg against the Warriors? Never returns the same player, not even close.

And of course the Johns ACL against the Eels - lucky for us he did come back good but there was tough times after that and we never reached the heights of being a genuine threat in the finals.

Jono078

Referee
I'm starting to feel like Old Boys day is our target for resetting our season - get a lot of troops back and some new editions... Beat the Eels and it could be a confidence boost for the place to make a real run, if it's not too late.

Latest posts