What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 12: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
I kind of like @Pezz70’S caution, he’s well intended.

I think the Brooksy experience has made everyone very reluctant to test the youngsters before they hit league puberty.

Actually, I might re-phrase that…
I'm not an axe murderer, just common sense.
I played league and union, a game on Sat and a game on Sunday, played rep footy and we literally got bashed. Had Monday off, that's it. But we loved it. Most of us had broken noses and busted bodies...looked like Ray Price. We played for 80min and loved the physicality.
To say Galvin needs a break whilst earning thousands with the potential of being a multimillionaire and still keeping a pretty face in doing it is crazy.
In 10 years his face will still be pretty and the only thing that may be rooted will be his knees.
The guy is being looked after. Most would pass for models.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not an axe murderer, just common sense.
I played league and union, a game on Sat and a game on Sunday, played rep footy and we literally got bashed. Had Monday off, that's it. But we loved it. Most of us had broken noses and busted bodies...looked like Ray Price. We played for 80min and loved the physicality.
To say Galvin needs a break whilst earning thousands with the potential of being a multimillionaire and still keeping a pretty face in doing it is crazy.
In 10 years his face will still be pretty and the only thing that may be rooted will be his knees.
The guy is being looked after. Most would pass for models.
He has to learn how to play first grade in first grade. He is also getting the job done. If he is injured don't play him.

I'm not an axe murderer, just common sense. The guy is being looked after.
No you’re not an axe murderer and In truth, we played a lot better than I expected, in our own hopeless, disturbed and pathetic manner.

But Richo can’t get back soon enough from the old country bearing gifts.

Im pretty sure Benji has given up on his coming home early to see the kids and is spending his nights playing that rugby league game on the computer.

We would’ve given up last year.

Assuming our best game of footy is 100, I’d say we are still languishing under 65 on an average. Given our deficiencies in roster, we really need to lift.

But an at least I’m not angry tonight.

The ship is sinking, but I’m still safe and cosy on the bridge with a bourbon and coke and a cigar watching the waves lap gently onto the deck. Wishing I was a seagull.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
No you’re not an axe murderer and In truth, we played a lot better than I expected, in our own hopeless, disturbed and pathetic manner.

But Richo can’t get back soon enough from the old country bearing gifts.

Im pretty sure Benji has given up on his coming home early to see the kids and is spending his nights playing that rugby league game on the computer.

We would’ve given up last year.

Assuming our best game of footy is 100, I’d say we are still languishing under 65 on an average. Given our deficiencies in roster, we really need to lift.

But an at least I’m not angry tonight.

The ship is sinking, but I’m still safe and cosy on the bridge with a bourbon and coke and a cigar watching the waves lap gently onto the deck. Wishing I was a seagull.
Your in the Galley stuffing your face with pies and drowing in beer watching re-runs of the 05 GF ha ha

Nutz

Bench
He has to learn how to play first grade in first grade. He is also getting the job done. If he is injured don't play him.
Even though bud played ok tonight I'd like to see Galvin playing with Sezer for the rest of the year because he'll learn more. Bud could take over Simmo's bench role if necessary.

Even though bud played ok tonight I'd like to see Galvin playing with Sezer for the rest of the year because he'll learn more. Bud could take over Simmo's bench role if necessary.
Where would you rate us?

Assuming every player playing their best footy = 100.

I think Benji has everyone (on average) at about 64%

Do you think I’m too harsh?

Watching the Manly game now and like the way that centre Talau goes, runs hard and his defence is strong. Would be the 1st centre picked if he played like that at the Tigers.
He used to make me generally nervous, then the odd blinder.

Im going to play fantasy footy next year and select the Tigers side with Bellamy as coach. See how we go.

Nutz

Bench
Where would you rate us?

Assuming every player playing their best footy = 100.

I think Benji has everyone (on average) at about 64%

Do you think I’m too harsh?
People can blame the coach, the bounce of the ball, rough calls etc, but at the end of the day your roster has to have players who know how to win a contest. Simple.
In a boxing bout, usually the bigger better boxer will win, that's why they have weight divisions.
When I run my eye over our team we don't have bigger, fitter, faster, skillful and more athletic players compared to most teams. It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

I want to see Galvin and Latu Fainu playing together in the halves and seeing where else you can play them as well. Sullivan has to go but maybe one of those two has to go as well.

Nutz

Bench
I want to see Galvin and Latu Fainu playing together in the halves and seeing where else you can play them as well. Sullivan has to go but maybe one of those two has to go as well.
Yep, Latu plays ball and passes well, has a great pass left or right clearing the ruck and Lachlan is a classical running ⅝.
I think Sezer is a better foil for Lachlan and makes better decisions. It's been said that Lachlan wants the ball all the time but sometimes has been rightly overruled by Sezer. It's these defining moments that will groom the young fella.
Next year, hopefully Lachlan has had enough experience to compliment Jarome.
Imho I believe a ⅝/first centre has more influence on the success of an attacking raid than a half. [% of raids]

Tigerm

First Grade
Fox NRL stats
Possession-WT52%
RM
Gal-121.....................Holmes-178
Pole-112
Stain-108
Tkl
Twal-38....................Robson-43
Api-34.
SaF-31
Runs
Alamo-15...............Holmes-15
Stain-15
Gal-13
PCM
Gal-45....................Tualagi-53
SaF-39
Pole-35
KM
Bud-386................Townsend-345

Tigerm

First Grade
Fox NRL stats
Possession-WT52%
RM
Gal-121.....................Holmes-178
Pole-112
Stain-108
Tkl
Twal-38....................Robson-43
Api-34.
SaF-31
Runs
Alamo-15...............Holmes-15
Stain-15
Gal-13
PCM
Gal-45....................Tualagi-53
SaF-39
Pole-35
KM
Bud-386................Townsend-345
Didn't see the game. But Bula missing in the stat sheets again?

Latest posts