What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 12: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep and Stef supposedly wants elite money?
And has a clause in his contract that he can’t get in the SOO squad.

It's really strange right. You need to perform consistently and he doesn't. I think Pole is consistently our best middle. We do need a big rampaging prop and Stef can do that job every so often. He may even develop into that role as a consistent player. Atm though he isn't doing it and he is miles away from elite.

Wizardman

First Grade
Yep and Stef supposedly wants elite money?
And has a clause in his contract that he can’t get in the SOO squad.
On his first five weeks, I'd offer him some good money to stay. 12 weeks into the season.....no way. I hope he stays for reasonable money but I still get the feeling he is dogging it over the last two months. Whether he is dogging it or not playing up to standard, he is not worth elite money so Im not too worried on if he stays or goes to be honest. A shame over his last two months.

Tiger Ted

Bench
On his first five weeks, I'd offer him some good money to stay. 12 weeks into the season.....no way. I hope he stays for reasonable money but I still get the feeling he is dogging it over the last two months. Whether he is dogging it or not playing up to standard, he is not worth elite money so Im not too worried on if he stays or goes to be honest. A shame over his last two months.
It seems quite obvious his main focus is money & his manager would’ve drilled into him the glaringly obvious re how the law of supply & demand affects prices & consequently how the timeliness of being a middle forward in this mktplace means he will command massive overs.Theres numerous cashed up clubs desperate for a prop & I just hope we don’t get into a bidding war for the ungrateful over-rated mercenary.

Wizardman

First Grade
It seems quite obvious his main focus is money & his manager would’ve drilled into him the glaringly obvious re how the law of supply & demand affects prices & consequently how the timeliness of being a middle forward in this mktplace means he will command massive overs.Theres numerous cashed up clubs desperate for a prop & I just hope we don’t get into a bidding war for the ungrateful over-rated mercenary.
With Richo, I honestly don't think we will. The clauses in that contract that Stef signed (and we accepted) have not done him any favours. Without the stupid top 8 and Origin clauses, he would have to play at full throttle where he could have possibly got some Origin bonus money in the process. Managers at times think more about themselves than their client.

simmo1

First Grade

We should have just shown him the door the minute he had the audacity to ask for $1m after a month of good form.

He is a good player, however this shows a poor attitude. This club needs a culture change more than it needs good players. We have too many "good" players who don't deliver their best football consistently.

Tiger Ted

Bench
With Richo, I honestly don't think we will. The clauses in that contract that Stef signed (and we accepted) have not done him any favours. Without the stupid top 8 and Origin clauses, he would have to play at full throttle where he could have possibly got some Origin bonus money in the process. Managers at times think more about themselves than their client.
Thank goodness Richo is at the helm & not the imbeciles who were sacked late last yr.Richo is one of very few people capable of repairing the train wreck.It will take time to repair the mess the previous admin created but we r on the right track as is evident by effort from the team & savvy decision-making by Richo plus finally some top draw recruits from the premiers as opposed to the lemons we have been recruiting.

Tigerm

First Grade
Thank goodness Richo is at the helm & not the imbeciles who were sacked late last yr.Richo is one of very few people capable of repairing the train wreck.It will take time to repair the mess the previous admin created but we r on the right track as is evident by effort from the team & savvy decision-making by Richo plus finally some top draw recruits from the premiers as opposed to the lemons we have been recruiting.
Agree, though him not continuing discussions with AFB is now not the smartest move he’s made.
Not saying he would have come over, but we need his type badly imo.

Wizardman

First Grade
Agree, though him not continuing discussions with AFB is now not the smartest move he’s made.
Not saying he would have come over, but we need his type badly imo.
With the ball in his hand, he is the best prop in the world.

I'll say this though.....he has form now when things don't go 100% his own way. I understand why we didn't go down that route.

There are many great sporting teams on the planet that had that oddball in the side, yet win championships. When you (a) have too many oddballs or (b) don't have a strong team culture for those oddballs to fit in....then you will win nothing. This year very much has been all about developing a strong team culture....despite the results, the boys do put in.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
It's really strange right. You need to perform consistently and he doesn't. I think Pole is consistently our best middle. We do need a big rampaging prop and Stef can do that job every so often. He may even develop into that role as a consistent player. Atm though he isn't doing it and he is miles away from elite.
In his defense he had to go off injured but when he returned he picked some hard metres and a very good barge over try from dummy half.
I agree though, his hard running, tackle busting runs are just not there atm.

Tiger05

First Grade
In his defense he had to go off injured but when he returned he picked some hard metres and a very good barge over try from dummy half.
I agree though, his hard running, tackle busting runs are just not there atm.

He isn't terrible. He has the ability to have an impact. He isn't consistent over the game and over the season. We need him to be a top tier prop.

Nutz

Bench
Holmes escaped suspension and is free to play SOO.
Holmes faces a fine of $1800 if he pleads guilty to the Grade 1 charge over a hip drop tackle on Wests Tigers second-rower Isaiah Papali'i in the 37th minute of Friday night's match.

Honestly hard to rate that performance. First 30 was hot garbage before we made our way back into it, only to surrender again. Difficult to judge if the Cows were clocking off or if we were showing some proper fight. Probably a bit of both.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Honestly hard to rate that performance. First 30 was hot garbage before we made our way back into it, only to surrender again. Difficult to judge if the Cows were clocking off or if we were showing some proper fight. Probably a bit of both.
The cows r garbage.They deadset wouldn’t have beaten any other team.If we r anywhere near full strength in the return match at the 8th wonder we will flog them.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ive been fairly deflated over the past few months however took a lot from that game. Start was terrible yet we turned the game around when Matamua and Pole came on and took the plodders Twal/Klem off. Matamua simply needs to be the 13 for the rest of the year and Pole is becoming one of the best impact forwards in the game.

At one stage 7 of our 13 on the field were 22 or under, and its when we looked our best. Galvin and Bula had their best game in ages, Fainu is already a genuine quality player, he'll be playing Origin by the time hes 23. Feledy and Alaimalo were mixed but both had good moments.

With Klemmer missing some games it will give us a look at Sione Fainu who was great on debut.

I do think some wins are coming. We have Saints next then Titans at home. We're due some luck and think we get the W in one of those.

Nutz

Bench
We should have just shown him the door the minute he had the audacity to ask for $1m after a month of good form.

He is a good player, however this shows a poor attitude. This club needs a culture change more than it needs good players. We have too many "good" players who don't deliver their best football consistently.
The question is do we pay for form or potential.
With Brooks we waited and waited.......
With Stef he's had some interuptions with injuries and he's shown glimpses of what we want from him when he was fully fit.
The best props in the game usually took a while to develop and Stef being a baby might need this too.
I'm thinking that if we do hang on to him, he will improve leading up to 2025.
Our new backline next year need our forwards to continually get over the advantage line.
We should do a poll, do we extend him at say 850k for ? years.

Ive been fairly deflated over the past few months however took a lot from that game. Start was terrible yet we turned the game around when Matamua and Pole came on and took the plodders Twal/Klem off. Matamua simply needs to be the 13 for the rest of the year and Pole is becoming one of the best impact forwards in the game.

At one stage 7 of our 13 on the field were 22 or under, and its when we looked our best. Galvin and Bula had their best game in ages, Fainu is already a genuine quality player, he'll be playing Origin by the time hes 23. Feledy and Alaimalo were mixed but both had good moments.

With Klemmer missing some games it will give us a look at Sione Fainu who was great on debut.

I do think some wins are coming. We have Saints next then Titans at home. We're due some luck and think we get the W in one of those.
Optimistic voices are few and far between these days, so this was good.

The dragons will bounce back hard and I think they are underrated. Flanno has done a fair job with them. I wish he was our coach.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Optimistic voices are few and far between these days, so this was good.

The dragons will bounce back hard and I think they are underrated. Flanno has done a fair job with them. I wish he was our coach.

not sure mate, they look fit and play alright when things are going ok. When it doesn’t They fall apart quicker then any team in the comp though and unless Ben hunt sets it up their attack is worse then ours. We get them 2 days after origin so interesting to see if he plays.

Latest posts