What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 12: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I hope our players watched both the Titans and Warriors yesterday, thats the blueprint of how we should be playing. No excuses for players being out, just stick to the basics, work hard and hang in the game. Was interesting to hear Webster in the press conference discussing DWZ at Fullback, his instructions were to play your own game, not others, so he just went out and did what he does best, ran hard.
The amount of times we cant handle any sort of adversity in games is frustrating, we show no effort in defence at times and the amount of times the opposition catch kicks unchallenged is mind boggling. We haven't lost 8 straight because of the lack of quality players, our squad is easily a match for the Titans and the Warriors team that ran out yesterday, but rather a lack of intensity at key moments in games.

I hope our players watched both the Titans and Warriors yesterday, thats the blueprint of how we should be playing. No excuses for players being out, just stick to the basics, work hard and hang in the game. Was interesting to hear Webster in the press conference discussing DWZ at Fullback, his instructions were to play your own game, not others, so he just went out and did what he does best, ran hard.
The amount of times we cant handle any sort of adversity in games is frustrating, we show no effort in defence at times and the amount of times the opposition catch kicks unchallenged is mind boggling. We haven't lost 8 straight because of the lack of quality players, our squad is easily a match for the Titans and the Warriors team that ran out yesterday, but rather a lack of intensity at key moments in games.
Benji was blaming himself for poor game management. Taking some pressure off the players I guess. Something a bit different.

He should resist fighting with the press corps and avoid making enemies he doesn’t need.

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji was blaming himself for poor game management. Taking some pressure off the players I guess. Something a bit different.

He should resist fighting with the press corps and avoid making enemies he doesn’t need.
Something about that angle from Benji I don’t like. It’s like a sales line without much meaning. If he’s applying pressure to the players behind closed doors and protecting them externally that’s ok..coz they need it ..I keep thinking how Payton was with the players when he started..He didn’t say a word to his players for 10 minutes after they came back to the dressing room after playing shit

Last edited:
Something about that angle from Benji I don’t like. It’s like a sales line without much meaning. If he’s applying pressure to the players behind closed doors and protecting them externally that’s ok..coz they need it ..I keep thinking how Payton was with the players when he started..He didn’t say a word to his players for 10 minutes after they came back to the dressing room after playing shit
Yeah, I’m keeping an open mind about it, but of course, Richo isn’t in the UK of his own instigation.

The leak about the Richo trip has probably got some players off-side because the players know that Richo has said he’s only doing Benjis bidding in r&r.

The impugned players, those being shipped around, they know that despite what Benji says, he considers them to be excess to requirements.

They can either try to lift to prove him wrong or go on the sulk. I don’t think Bateman will be too pleased, he’s been there before and it ended badly.

From what I know, the raiders were leaking stuff as he alleged. There’s no other explanation despite their vehement denials.

The players on the outer might even get together to demand the story.

The Panel knows that Benji was an experienced coaching white-anter. A master of the craft.

Now he’s on the other side.

Thanks to the leak. We were not meant to have any leaks, but that’s life. I didn’t believe we could keep everything quiet. Some but not all things.

So I’m thinking Benji scores an own goal in the media on purpose to show the players he’s not invulnerable either.

Now Benji is motivated for the good of the club, I don’t doubt it, but he’s clearly dealing with a rats nest in HQ somewhere. Just makes his plans harder to implement.

And same with Richo.

Has anyone in officialdom denied Richos magical mystery tour?

Last edited:

Latest posts