What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Storm @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Storm v Knights

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
No way he’d be able to make it back. The guy was basically an invalid by the end. I’d love to see him comeback and play at some level but it won’t be for us.
i feel the same way, but have that 1 ounce of hope that he could pull off a miracle and do it, the least he deserves, his discretion's aside.

perverse

Referee
When did Mullo ever shirk the kicking responsibilities? Infinitely better kicker than Pearce. Even the kick that he was most criticised for - the low chip to the centre/wing area - was miles better than anything Pearce has provided this year. At least he consistently landed it in a position to be contested on the try line. Mullo could have only dreamed of having a target like Edrick on the wing to aim for. His long kicking was some of the best in the league.

Mullens flaw was always his termperment - it was never his ability to hit the ball sweetly off the boot, or any other technical/mechanical ability of the game. I'd even go as far to say that Mullen did a much better job of carrying a team solo in the halves than Pearce (and far, far inferior teams at that). I would have loved to have seen them play together, was never to be though. Short memories.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Also if Pearce is re signed then we are clearly a clueless club, as he is way past his best and should only see this contract out and nothing more.
Not looking to deny his form slump on the technical aspects of his halfback play this year (or the second half of last year for that matter) but some people have short memories if they don't remember Pearce almost singlehandedly carrying the Knights to 7 successive wins last year with only half the quality squad we have now against some decent opposition.

My point is that he hasn't always been deficient in executing kicks, leading the team around the park, creating opportunities, taking on the line, etc. for us.

It may well now be that age, damage on his body compounded over multiple seasons, the current leg injury he is obviously carrying, confidence, mental state, etc are catching up with him and he is not the player he was but I do remember that the skill sets he is not executing now, were there in spades in his not too distant past.

Whether the injection of somebody like Green into the halves will give him chance to regain some form and get back to somewhere near his best remains to be seen I guess but I'm not going to write him off completely just yet

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Not looking to deny his form slump on the technical aspects of his halfback play this year (or the second half of last year for that matter) but some people have short memories if they don't remember Pearce almost singlehandedly carrying the Knights to 7 successive wins last year with only half the quality squad we have now against some decent opposition.

My point is that he hasn't always been deficient in executing kicks, leading the team around the park, creating opportunities, taking on the line, etc. for us.

It may well now be that age, damage on his body compounded over multiple seasons, the current leg injury he is obviously carrying, confidence, mental state, etc are catching up with him and he is not the player he was but I do remember that the skill sets he is not executing now, were there in spades in his not too distant past.

Whether the injection of somebody like Green into the halves will give him chance to regain some form and get back to somewhere near his best remains to be seen I guess but I'm not going to write him off completely just yet

The man definitely has skill, and was absolutely brilliant in his prime, even with his weaknesses, but with how he is playing since the break he should be fresh even with the injury, it’s like that head knock has slowed him down significantly in attack, still smashes it out in D. I’m happy to be around for the next 18 months, but i find it to re sign him on 700k+ if this is what he currently is.

i’ll be massively interested to see if this Green signing takes the burden off his shoulders, maybe he can’t handle the pressure of being primary Playmaker.

Spot On

Coach
i’ll be massively interested to see if this Green signing takes the burden off his shoulders, maybe he can’t handle the pressure of being primary Playmaker.

That has well and truly been proven at the Roosters, for NSW and here. It isn't a 'maybe'.

Yosh

Coach
Just watching the game again:

Moga let them two tries there. I think their second and fourth? If he makes those tackles, they don't just walk through...

Pearce seems to have no time on the ball. The better players in the NRL seems to have an age to pick and choose what they want to do but Pearce always seems so rushed.

It's a real pity Best was injured. When we needed a fight back, we needed his attacking prowess to get us a try or two but it just wasn't our day. Did well to stay on till the end though.

Tuala seems the goods. Quick, tough and makes the right call almost every single time in attack and defense. Someone gave him a special mention after the game on here and I can see why.

Our forwards weren't dominated but we could have really used Dan out there today. I can see why we let Ese'ese go. Dan is effective every game but Ese'ese seems to be better in more open less defensive orientated opposition team. Doesn't offer very much against the top 4 or 5 sides. Klemm and the Saifiti boys play well regardless of the opposition.

I was expecting us to get smashed before the game but we did well till the end. Shot ourselves in the foot more than once which ultimately cost us the game.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I was expecting us to get smashed before the game but we did well till the end. Shot ourselves in the foot more than once which ultimately cost us the game.
Calmness is not a strong point at the moment. The get flustered and panic.

Latest posts