What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Roosters @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Knights v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors
Xmore likely Yates or Lillyman for Buhrer, can't understand Levi and Buhrer on bench together

Glendale

Juniors
Xmore likely Yates or Lillyman for Buhrer, can't understand Levi and Buhrer on bench together

Agree with you there as most of the season we’ve been struggling to find just what is our best mix of players on the bench, but I actually think for the first time against Parra they got it right and I think they showed that the two of them can work together. If you look through our squad, we need Buhrer somewhere in the 17 as we need a backrower who can play out on the edge if there’s an injury.. I guess you could probably push Guerra or Fitzy at a pinch out to the centres, but they’re far too important where they are to cover for an injury if it did happen and Buhrer is our most flexible utility player.

And then it comes down to wether you want Levi on the bench or not, and he’s been in and out all year. Personally I like having him on the bench as I find Slades attack to be sub par and I like the energy Levi can give us. But if Levi’s in the side- you need a role for Buhrer- he is poor in the middle and our edge players usually play 80. So he’s been a bit lost and has been what seems a waste of an interchange.

But I think we finally found our way to get him involved vs Parra. We put him on into the position where he plays his best- edge backrow, and moved Barnett to the middle. Which is good cause if you’re gonna have him on the bench you need a role for him that isn’t just sitting there as injury cover. And he did well I thought- whilst Levi was great at hooker.

Best value for Buhrer is defence and when he can get involved in plays plus his versatility.
I don't like it when he's just used for hit ups but he gets that done well.
His experience shows. I'd have him in.

Old dog

Juniors
As long as they play strong and stick with it, don't forget Esee, Lillyman, Barnett, Fitz, Guerra and a bloke called Ponga, oh and King might surprise you.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Just for once can we have a season where we’re not completely crippled by injury? Is that too much to ask?

It’s like somebody somewhere has a Newcastle Knights voodoo doll and just jabs pins in one by one then slowly pulls them out before jabbing a few more in.

Meanwhile the Melbourne Storm systematically rort the salary cap for 5 years and are rewarded by year after year of almost unblemished injury record, flawless luck with the referees, produce 3 of the all time greats and go on to win another 2 premierships. F**k me there is no such thing as karma in Rugby League.

Yosh

Coach
Sooo... Our team gets even smaller... We're gonna have Tyrion running out in the 8 jersey soon... Is Tim Grant coming in the coming weeks or what? Even if he isn't that good, much better than having noone at prop...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If we lose by 12 or less I reckon we’re doing well. I can’t see us beating them with a depleted forward pack and Cogger at half.

Only way it’ll happen is if Roosters turn up and have a shocker or if Ponga has a blinder, and we would still probably need all of the above to happen to be a chance.

Apey

Staff member
Miserable day here today. Maybe if I bitch out on going they will win?