What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Sharks @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Sharks v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’ll take a 1 pt win in the dying moments of extra time coz this is such a critical time for us re any prospect of playing finals footy.

Wtf...is Ivan trying to miss the 8 ?
Our 1,2&9 are sh*te,with basically a quarter of our team being a deficiency presents the opposition with a huge advantage before we even start.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Wtf...is Ivan trying to miss the 8 ?
Our 1,2&9 are sh*te,with basically a quarter of our team being a deficiency presents the opposition with a huge advantage before we even start.
There’s a no. of things that have made me lose confidence in Cleary in particular the selection of 2 glaring weaknesses in this team in the shithouse fullback & the pathetic dummy half in ET.

Tigerm

First Grade
There’s a no. of things that have made me lose confidence in Cleary in particular the selection of 2 glaring weaknesses in this team in the shithouse fullback & the pathetic dummy half in ET.
Yes, I noticed you don't use "In Ivan we trust" anymore.;):D

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes, I noticed you don't use "In Ivan we trust" anymore.;):D
Tigerm ur very perceptive.Ive certainly lost faith in him.Im quite pissed off with that 4 yr deal for Mbye.Mbye isn’t that good a player to justify giving him such a lengthy contract.Anyway I’ve got to accept it & in time we will know whether it was the right decision.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing rumours that we are in deep talks with Lichaa for a mid season move. He's good mates with both Reynolds and Mybe so I could see it happening.

Would be great to see it happen. Would fix a lot of our issues.

I also reckon Benji needs a break. He's been playing above and beyond but last few games the wear and tear is starting to show, plus I really really want to see Reynolds at 6, even just to see what he can offer

Tigerm

First Grade
Michael Lichaa
Player Bio
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Date of Birth: 18 July 1993
Birthplace: Wollongong, NSW
Nickname: -
Debut Club: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Opposition: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Date: 17 March 2014
Round: 2
Previous Club: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Junior Clubs: Yarrawarrah Tigers, Cronulla-Caringbah
Biography:
The hard working hooker was given a reprieve at the start of 2018 when Dean Pay offered him a contract to stay on at Belmore. ‘Lich’ had worked with Pay with the NSW U20 side and responded with some excellent performances for Lebanon in the World Cup, leading into pre-season training. A player whose tackling statistics often go unnoticed, Michael will be looking to continue to show that he has the running game that can cause the opposition problems on any given day.
Career
Appearances 88
Tries 8
2018 Season
Appearances 8
Scoring
Tries 0
Kicking
Forced Drop Outs 0
Average Kicking Metres 0.3
Attack
Try Assists 1
Line Break Assists 1
Passing

Offloads 3
Receipts 662
Defence
Tackles Made 284
Tackle Efficiency - Tackle Efficiency93.5%

Running Metres
Average Running Metres 53.6
Total Running Metres 429

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Michael Lichaa
Player Bio
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Date of Birth: 18 July 1993
Birthplace: Wollongong, NSW
Nickname: -
Debut Club: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Opposition: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Date: 17 March 2014
Round: 2
Previous Club: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Junior Clubs: Yarrawarrah Tigers, Cronulla-Caringbah
Biography:
The hard working hooker was given a reprieve at the start of 2018 when Dean Pay offered him a contract to stay on at Belmore. ‘Lich’ had worked with Pay with the NSW U20 side and responded with some excellent performances for Lebanon in the World Cup, leading into pre-season training. A player whose tackling statistics often go unnoticed, Michael will be looking to continue to show that he has the running game that can cause the opposition problems on any given day.
Career
Appearances 88
Tries 8
2018 Season
Appearances 8
Scoring
Tries 0
Kicking
Forced Drop Outs 0
Average Kicking Metres 0.3
Attack
Try Assists 1
Line Break Assists 1
Passing

Offloads 3
Receipts 662
Defence
Tackles Made 284
Tackle Efficiency - Tackle Efficiency93.5%

Running Metres
Average Running Metres 53.6
Total Running Metres 429

He doesn't have a nickname. No interest!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Godinet is only one a one year deal so we do need another hooker for next year. I don’t overly rate Liccha and think Liddle is a much better product, but ET makes Liccha look like Cam smith, get him over

super_coach

First Grade
Busted spine with only Brooks NRL standard at present. They will tackle all day, but Moylan and Holmes will kill them. Probably Sharks by about 12, but could get ugly. The Sharks at home a miles better than the depleted Chooks side we could not beat

Vic Mackey

Referee
Busted spine with only Brooks NRL standard at present. They will tackle all day, but Moylan and Holmes will kill them. Probably Sharks by about 12, but could get ugly. The Sharks at home a miles better than the depleted Chooks side we could not beat

I’ve got a bad feeling it could all go really pear shaped this Sunday. You can’t play that gritty, determined, defence oriented game every week and not have it take a toll eventually. The fact that we can’t score points is going to hurt us more as the year goes on. There will be a blow out against us sooner or later and I fear it will be This week.

Tiger05

First Grade
I was worried about last week because it's a game we should have won. We honestly don't have the class players in attack to win games easily so we have to hope to grind teams out and play as well as we possibly can. That takes a tonne of discipline and leaves some players (Brooks, Fonua and Masters) having to do something special regularly.

I'm still happy with how we are going this year and I reckon Cleary is doing a really good job. We just need an injection of some quality players. Mbye should add a lot to our team but we need more than him. We desperately need Liddle to be a player like Damian Cook. We need to buy a hooker as well to fill in for Liddle until he can make the grade.

Maybe Ivan is going to get Liddle to play 80 quality minutes in ISP and then chuck him back into first grade.

I reckon we need a couple more quality purchases and then we can be a team that will make the finals.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I was worried about last week because it's a game we should have won. We honestly don't have the class players in attack to win games easily so we have to hope to grind teams out and play as well as we possibly can. That takes a tonne of discipline and leaves some players (Brooks, Fonua and Masters) having to do something special regularly.

I'm still happy with how we are going this year and I reckon Cleary is doing a really good job. We just need an injection of some quality players. Mbye should add a lot to our team but we need more than him. We desperately need Liddle to be a player like Damian Cook. We need to buy a hooker as well to fill in for Liddle until he can make the grade.

Maybe Ivan is going to get Liddle to play 80 quality minutes in ISP and then chuck him back into first grade.

I reckon we need a couple more quality purchases and then we can be a team that will make the finals.
Cleary had the benefit of assembling a side from a blank canvas.My concern after he’d swiftly made most of his signings quite prematurely last season was the majority were conveniently players he’d coached b4 & weren’t necessarily players who were the best fit going forward for us to attain success.Ive got very little confidence in Cleary having the nous & ability to make the quality signings that r necessary to make this club a consistent semi finalist let alone a premiership contender.

Looking at our draw for the remainder of this season if we don’t cause an upset in the shire then I can’t c how we can qualify for the finals other than by default.

Additionally Cleary has the bonus of only 1 player being unavailable in Nofa who is bog average & belongs in ISP.

Also we r a horrible side to watch play.The lack of creativity or initiative in attack reflects poorly on the coach who has had total autonomy in putting this sub standard side together.How the fk Cleary can’t c that selecting the slug LoLo at 1 & cumbersome Taylor at 9 ain’t working is very disappointing.He should also b starting with his major off-season recruit & massively overpaid Reynolds at 6 coz Marshall has been a liability.

super_coach

First Grade

Cleary has already said, basically this team is all about laying the foundations but will not be the team that gets the holy grail.

At present I am amazed
I'm hearing rumours that we are in deep talks with Lichaa for a mid season move. He's good mates with both Reynolds and Mybe so I could see it happening.

Would be great to see it happen. Would fix a lot of our issues.

I also reckon Benji needs a break. He's been playing above and beyond but last few games the wear and tear is starting to show, plus I really really want to see Reynolds at 6, even just to see what he can offer

We have to get away from short term fixes. Yes Lichaa would be better than Taylor, but he will not win you a GF. We have probably 75% of a very good team, but we need some real class and Lichaa is not at that level. I would battle on with what we have and have a real dash at some quality.

Also I would like to see them looking at some of the talent in and around 1st grde at some of the better clubs like Penrith rather than the Dogs

BrotherJim05

Bench
We have to get away from short term fixes. Yes Lichaa would be better than Taylor, but he will not win you a GF. We have probably 75% of a very good team, but we need some real class and Lichaa is not at that level. I would battle on with what we have and have a real dash at some quality.

Also I would like to see them looking at some of the talent in and around 1st grde at some of the better clubs like Penrith rather than the Dogs

You might be right re: Lichhaa, but remember that he has been playing a specific style under Hasler and now with everything that is going on at the dogs his confidence would be shot to pieces. Throw him a 1.5 year deal with Doggies chucking in a chunk of his salary. There is no way he can be worse than our current options at 9, plus he's a 80 min player. He will then be playing for a contract in 2019 which always fires a rocket up player's asses

Latest posts