What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Gold Coast @ Cbus Super Stadium, Robina / Yugambeh

Who will win? Round 15: Gold Coast v Wests Tigers

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
I'm hoping that we'll see a rampaging Stefano Utoikamanu tonight. He needs to really show what he's made of.
During his development there weren't many better than the ute but he's been a bit disappointing since resigning. (taking injury into account)
He was great in the Cowboys shellacking but we need more from the big fella.
I hope Sheens has had the boys training hard in defusing bombs because with our improved "D" opposition are resorting to bombs to score.
The boys must get the arms up high when opposition players are attacking their bombs. Because the defender usually gets outleaped due to momentum if they try to catch the ball normally it's all over. We must get bodies around the catcher too.
Our poor kick chase has been highlighted in the media and it's so true. We can't win running on our heals.
Nevertheless, I'm expecting a good win today...+13

Nutz

Bench
Be positive, we've got this. I need the +13 result to pay the rent :D

Last edited:
This is a game we should win running away.

I'd be shocked if the game plan wasn't centred around trying to target and isolate some of our bigger guys running at Campbell all night long. A nice mix of hard running lines and turning it inside to Bula on the charge would be good.

As long as we contain them in the 1st half the mental demons will hit them during the half time break. Go tigers!

Nutz

Bench
I'd rather be leading at halftime than just contain them. I'm sick of trying to come back like the last game....not good for my health. :D

Trollhammaren

Juniors
This is a game we should win running away.

I'd be shocked if the game plan wasn't centred around trying to target and isolate some of our bigger guys running at Campbell all night long. A nice mix of hard running lines and turning it inside to Bula on the charge would be good.

As long as we contain them in the 1st half the mental demons will hit them during the half time break. Go tigers!

Surely... SURELY this has to be the game plan. Stefano, Klem, Bateman and Ipap all charging at him all game.

Nutz

Bench
Yeah, we’re travelling for 3 months atm, great way to live.
Good for you cobber, I envy you guys.
We had to give it away due health reasons. Gee I miss it.
We never got better to fullfill our dream of travelling around Oz, however our little cameo trips were awesome.
My missus finally worked out why I always wanted to get back home by Thursday..any guesses? ;)

Nutz

Bench
Has anyone got latemail on whether Stef is definitely playing, apparently he missed training due to a knock he received late in last week's game.

Nutz

Bench
The Gold Coast may have won their past four games against the Wests Tigers but at least the Gold, Black and White still have the wood on them, well at least the wooden spoon that is.
I believe the Titans got the spoon in 2011 and 2019. (Keep that one up our sleeve for ammo in case we need it later on)
Noffa seems to find the white stripe every time he plays the Titans. A few more tries tonight might help him secure a new contract....with whom though :rolleyes:

Talau is going that bad it's almost mavin-esque. Shit we were average. The only saving grace is that if possession turns around we're only 10 behind.

We'd have to prove out of sight in the 2nd half though

simmo1

First Grade
I like that we are trying Bateman in the middle, but why did we move Papalii to the right as well. Just completely ruins any combinations we had.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
To use a fatty quote This is a mistakeathon.

Wooden spoon is not out of the question after all.

Latest posts