What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Gold Coast @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a game where both sides had their most reliable 3 or 4 players out, a NSW cup level game really, but it’s still nice for the boys to have a win, show some grit, and give some young blokes a go prior to next year. I can’t see a way out of our conundrum tbh. We have to start from the bottom up, the NSW cup side is a disaster have a look at the points differential for them. A winning culture needs to be club wide. I think I’d be sacking Payne next year and moving John Morris into that role. They should be running the exact same frame work in attack
And defence as the NRL side (which I’m sure they probably are) I’d think about asking Klemmer, Sezer and Naden to take up two year contracts as NSW Cup players to help bring the young fellas up to standard, there are too many blokes that are no chance of playing NRL in our cup side they need to gone.
I posted awhile ago, young footy junior at work used to play under Nado at the smug and he said Nado was one of the few elite players willing to help the youngsters in his own time and teach them stuff.

And he still looks up to Nado to this day.

Good photos, did you get time to watch the game hahaha
Well up on the hill, you know what it’s like, you can’t see the whole field. You can look up at the big screen, but I try not to.

Apart from the rank and file, there were people there, catching up and not really watching the game play by play.

Just soaking up the atmosphere

As I said it was a “bit of a scene” for some people, I mean It seemed to me that no one wanted to be anywhere else than watching the Wests Tigers jag a win at LO or hanging out with us.

Merch bus was busy, queue to the bar seemed to go for a km.

Nutz

Bench
First thing I would do with Miller is hire a nutritionist to follow him around and teach the kid how to cook. His diet and weight will be a key factor in whether he has a successful career or not.
I'd make him do 100 sit ups every hour for 6 hrs a day then at night strap him to a treadmill for two hours and if it drops below 10km/hr it blows up, a bit like the movie Speed, during which time he's only allowed to drink spring water and eat chocy laxitive bars.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I posted awhile ago, young footy junior at work used to play under Nado at the smug and he said Nado was one of the few elite players willing to help the youngsters in his own time and teach them stuff.

And he still looks up to Nado to this day.
Yeah a guy I know worked for the NRL, was involved in development in some of the lesser privileged areas. Said Naden would regularly come and help out in his owne time. Lot of this stuff happens and you never hear about it. Seems a great guy.

Yeah a guy I know worked for the NRL, was involved in development in some of the lesser privileged areas. Said Naden would regularly come and help out in his owne time. Lot of this stuff happens and you never hear about it. Seems a great guy.
Yeah and not quite WT, but Fui Fui Moi Moi, while at parra he was a regular visitor to Westmead kids Hospital with a few friends. Foreman material.

Tigerm

First Grade

Around the middle of these photos is a bloke with an old Balmain Jersey, it was reported that it was Keith Barnes last game jersey which he had signed, apparently the guy who owned it, was giving it back to Keith's family.
What a legend.

Last edited:
It is good for the soul to see our players celebrating hard in those photos, they’ve done it tough this year.

I think they knew everyone was there to support them notwithstanding the outcome.

The titans looked pretty handy at times.

The reason we gave ourselves a chance is because we played the 80.

Credit to Benji for threading the needle in the player headspace. Api credited the fresh meat for the grinder as having an impact.

Who do we replace from this team?

And TDS, he’s going to be big time, you get that sense about him.

When the young have good solid games against seasoned players, it’s often promising. They don’t have to be spectacular, just solid.

Das Hassler

Bench
Great photos ! I particularly like the 5th down of Olam laying it over in the turn in 6th gear...that's one for his scrapbook!
Also got a kick out of the crowd shot 7 down...the little kid at the far left ..that's what it's about![/QUOTE]

Wizardman

First Grade
It is good for the soul to see our players celebrating hard in those photos, they’ve done it tough this year.

I think they knew everyone was there to support them notwithstanding the outcome.

The titans looked pretty handy at times.

The reason we gave ourselves a chance is because we played the 80.

Credit to Benji for threading the needle in the player headspace. Api credited the fresh meat for the grinder as having an impact.

When the young have good solid games against seasoned players, it’s often promising. They don’t have to be spectacular, just solid.
To me, that is the one huge difference between the team this year and the last two years.

This years team has tried their asses off for the vast majority of the year. The only time you could say they didn't was the second half of the Dragons game. That is not bad at all for a roster in our position. Effort is the one big tick for this team under Benji Marshall.

Tigerm

First Grade

It's an interesting conundrum for the management isn't it.

With the finals all but gone, do we keep these young blokes in the team and get some grit into them, for next year?

Those who are destined to be gone, should not be required for the rest of the season, unless injuries happen.

With the finals all but gone, do we keep these young blokes in the team and get some grit into them, for next year?

Those who are destined to be gone, should not be required for the rest of the season, unless injuries happen.
Yes.

Benji has always said he’s going to select on effort and the “earning” of the position.

So he faces some challenges now.

How Benji can keep these players pumped up will be a big challenge for him.

Tiger Ted

Bench

It was so good to see the kids play with enthusiasm at the 8th wonder.Benji should Fk off to nsw cup useless overpaid impostors like papalii Bateman plus Klemmer as well as the smug simpleton Stephanie if he’s not on the bus beyond this yr which is glaringly likely.