What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Raiders @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Cleary does it again. The two main props are taken of after 20 minutes and after being on top we go to shit.

Packer & Matulino can go longer than 20. It is shit
Coudn't agree more with you.

Such a common theme in our matches. I thought today was a loss we had to have. There are players who are simply not up to NRL standard and we have carried them for too long:

- McIllwrick was left wanting in defence on the Papalli try in the first half.
- Grant showed awful lateral movement on the Tapine try to start the second
- Naiqama is nowhere near big enough to have an impact at NRL level.

The inability of these players is what makes the others drop their heads.

macnaz

Staff member
Anyway guys.. its good to be back to normal. All we need now is some off field drammas and some in-house fighting to get the media stories flowing again and it will be exactly as we remember supporting Weststigers.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Such a common theme in our matches. I thought today was a loss we had to have. There are players who are simply not up to NRL standard and we have carried them for too long:

To be honest, all players were sub-standard.

A really good coach wouldn't pulling his two starting props off when his team is in ascendancy but Cleary goes 20 minutes is up, off you go.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I'm so happy we got rid of Grant when we did and you guys have him back...

He just finds a way to do silly things on the field just like Fonua..... no brains

macnaz

Staff member

Naiqama ?? Really.... why does this poor barstard always get singled out..
17 Naiqama's out there today wouldnt get 48 points put on them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
To be honest, all players were sub-standard.

A really good coach wouldn't pulling his two starting props off when his team is in ascendancy but Cleary goes 20 minutes is up, off you go.
I came in here about a month ago saying exactly that. Wasn't coming in for a troll at all and some of your silly fans couldn't hack the truth....

Maybe now it's coming from a fellow fan/member they'll start to open up theirs eyes....

It's hard not to have a lol@ your coach when Matulino and Packer just warm the bench for more than half the game whilst all momentum you had gets lost.... with Souths we play George in 3 stints I think!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Anyway guys.. its good to be back to normal. All we need now is some off field drammas and some in-house fighting to get the media stories flowing again and it will be exactly as we remember supporting Weststigers.
Some of the younguns mightn't like it if Farah comes back...... he may overplay his hand too and stifle things a bit which could starve Mbye of opportunities too....

gordsy

Juniors
The problem is we seem to have taken the Roosters method to building a team.
They have a few really good players and the rest are workers. The problem is our workers are gap fill players and our top money guys aren't worth it, Reynolds Brooks, Packer etc

Vic Mackey

Referee
I came in here about a month ago saying exactly that. Wasn't coming in for a troll at all and some of your silly fans couldn't hack the truth....

You only showed up in here once we started losing and rubbing it in everyone’s faces. How many other sides forums do you post in regularly? None. You are trolling, nothing more.

Everyone in here knows the shortcomings. You aren’t spitting truth, you’re pulling your dick and revelling in our downfall. I don’t really have a problem with that, however you then cry and demand people get banned when they do it to souths. Go to the Cave and go for your life. But if you’re going to come in here after a loss, and never a win, don’t pretend you’re actually wanting to talk footy and not just put shit on everyone.

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Naiqama ?? Really.... why does this poor barstard always get singled out..
17 Naiqama's out there today wouldnt get 48 points put on them.
He gets dominated in tackles and invariably pushed back. The whole premise of the sport is getting over the advantage line. He rarely does so.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The problem is we seem to have taken the Roosters method to building a team.
They have a few really good players and the rest are workers. The problem is our workers are gap fill players and our top money guys aren't worth it, Reynolds Brooks, Packer etc
Exactly !

To compound our probs going forward is we have an inordinate amt of money invested in a no. of players whose output & impact is disproportionate to their earnings.Additionally our roster for next season is unlikely to improve much from the present substandard one.Its glaringly obvious we won’t b playing finals footy in ‘18 or ‘19.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Not piling on lads just wanted to put my 2 cents in on something.

Ivan needs to trust Benny Matulino a bit more. The blokes a top line prop. Giving him 30 minutes here and there won't help anyone.

He was punching out 50+ minutes, 20+ tackles, 150+ metres at the warriors when we were a clusterf**k of a club and he had no help around him. He definitely has it in him, and Ivan went out of his way to bring him over to the tigers with him, just let him off the leash and he'll carry the pack like he did with ours at times.

Tell him to offload when appropriate and if Thompson/Lolohea/Mbye/insert fullback aren't backing him up fine them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You only showed up in here once we started losing and rubbing it in everyone’s faces. How many other forums do you post in regularly? None. You are trolling, nothing more.

Everyone in here knows the shortcomings. You aren’t spitting truth, you’re pulling your dick and revelling in our downfall. I don’t really have a problem with that, however you then cry and demand people get banned when they do it to souths. Go to the Cave and go for your life. But if you’re going to come in here after a loss, and never a win, don’t pretend you’re actually wanting to talk footy and not just put shit on everyone.
I've turned up most of the year actually! I've even been in a couple of times to congratulate you guys in a couple of those early season performances.... so do I have to waste my time looking through to show you?? So that's not fully correct by any means! Plus offer my commiserations like when you closely lost to Easts I wanted you lads to win.

If I post on another forum or 2 why would I tell you where I am?? I wouldn't want to be followed there would I?? Nope I would prefer not......

Mate you're welcome to do it to Souths! Heck I even think we won't beat the Cows in a couple of weeks. If Farah joins Mbye over there I'm actually worried about versing you guys as you have had the wood on us of late. I'd even welcome a constructive conversation with you about our defence. To get past a prelim into a GF I know our defence has to be worked on. I'm happy to talk about that for sure and any other matters!!

Last couple of weeks you didn't have calls your way at all but you had plenty today so it all evens out I guess!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Ivan needs to trust Benny Matulino a bit more. The blokes a top line prop. Giving him 30 minutes here and there won't help anyone.

He was punching out 50+ minutes, 20+ tackles, 150+ metres at the warriors when we were a clusterf**k of a club and he had no help around him. He definitely has it in him, and Ivan went out of his way to bring him over to the tigers with him, just let him off the leash and he'll carry the pack like he did with ours at times.

Tell him to offload when appropriate and if Thompson/Lolohea/Mbye/insert fullback aren't backing him up fine them.
If Cleary doesn't adapt like our coach Maguire didn't give it a couple of years and the Tigers will sack him!

He must adapt which there have been signs of but then there has been complete stupidty from him.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He gets dominated in tackles and invariably pushed back. The whole premise of the sport is getting over the advantage line. He rarely does so.
Naiqama is deadset the least of our problems.

The coach has been making epic selection blunders & his utilisation of players like his overpaid kiwi props has been appalling.

BuffaloRules

Coach

I used to rate Mats massively 3-4 years back..

I think he is past his best now though...

Latest posts