What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Newcastle v Warriors

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

• Warriors 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors

"Tex has done a good job"

Where exactly is the bar set at this club?

Don't expect him to say he's been shit but don't also say he's been good.
So what comes between sh** and good, what else was he expected to say, has to use the word good to justify picking him again

Mr_Knightside

Juniors

"Tex has done a good job"

Where exactly is the bar set at this club?

Don't expect him to say he's been shit but don't also say he's been good.

What value would it be for AOB to single Tex out for criticism in the media? Surely that would just erode his confidence (which seems to be fairly eroded already) and make it harder for him to focus on footy. How many games has Tex actually played anyway? Maybe 15-20 tops?

As far as I’m concerned Tex is trying his best, it’s just that his best isn’t very good. If the coach comes out and says he’s disappointed or shows public frustration with Tex’s performance then I just don’t see what positives come out of that and it might even have a detrimental effect on the trust the playing group has in the coach.

I’m sure AOB is having conversations with Tex about his performance which he would be having with every player and they would be going through stuff in video reviews but despite our frustrations as fans I think the coach keeping it all internal is the right call.

Jono078

Referee
I thought I made it clear I didn't expect AOB to publicly shame him..

Just frustrating to hear a false statement, so IMO he didn't need to justify his selection with a false statement.

Just frustrating to hear a false statement, so IMO he didn't need to justify his selection with a false statement.
He did refer to the Manly game though and Hoy was OK in that.
AOB also mentioned that we'd benefit from Hunt's returns so he might also have no faith in Hoy for that.
Hoy can catch and, if he doesn't drop it, give it to Hunt.

Old dog

Juniors
He did refer to the Manly game though and Hoy was OK in that.
AOB also mentioned that we'd benefit from Hunt's returns so he might also have no faith in Hoy for that.
Hoy can catch and, if he doesn't drop it, give it to Hunt.
Am worried that Hunt may not be right hence Musgrove still in the picture, hope I am very very wrong

Jono078

Referee
Some predictions for today.

I think Pearce returning will be good for Hoy, so I think he'll be solid.

I think this one goes to golden point.

EDIT: Oh and this weather is made for a Jake Clifford kicking masterclass - expect some wild bombs today!

Knight Tales

Juniors
Looking to see how much
More dangerous Pearcey is running today with Clifford’s kicking game taking a huge burden off of him.

Jono078

Referee
Mann fullback, Jones centre, sue lock, Watson bench.

Hoy 18th man 😂
Wow!!!

I always wondered if he was going to play Mann at fullback then why not throw Sisagi at centre? Anyway, we've called for Jones to play centre - here we go!

Updated predictions;

Mann will make drops - but I'll forgive him considering circumstances and conditions out there today.

Jones will bag a double.

I expected Mann to get FB but thought Johns might get centre. AOB was impressed with Johns filling in at centre. Expect him to play a bit there.

Jono078

Referee
Trust Mann to put on a beautiful ball and Fitz drops it. He is not first grade standard.

Yosh

Coach
Fitzgibbon... FFS.... Mann with a good ball for once and you have a 3 on 1 overlap and you drop it cold...

Latest posts