What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Canberra @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Canberra

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

Coach

This in part backs up my statement, the refereeing was ordinary for us.
Including the try to there 9, it was called before it was reviewed, by the player, the commentators and the review ref. They couldn’t see our similar try and called it no try, but you couldn’t see theirs either but gave it to them.

Fordy20

Juniors
Wouldn’t it be nice to knock off the Roosters, that 3rd win in a row has got to come sometime, it’s been a long time between drinks.
Not only has it been a while since we won three on the trot, but we haven't won a single game against the Roosters since the last season we played finals football, apart from a first round aberration in 2018. No team has a better track record against us. Getting one up over the cocks would be particularly sweet.

Nutz

Bench
Not only has it been a while since we won three on the trot, but we haven't won a single game against the Roosters since the last season we played finals football, apart from a first round aberration in 2018. No team has a better track record against us. Getting one up over the cocks would be particularly sweet.
All this negativity is awesome, it contributed to our back to back wins 🤣

Tiger Pedro

Juniors
I thought he was harshly done by, even the ref didn’t have a clue what was going on at the time.
I fully agree - Very harshly done by....But the penalty stats etc posted above show that these hopeless refs have sub-conscious bias which goes against the lowly ranked teams all the time. It's so frustrating. In relation to the sin-binning let me pose the following questions -> 1) How often do we see a player try to take a quick tap only to be told by the ref - No quick tap here it's for offside, or it's inside 10, or outside 10, stuffed if I know and the players across all teams don't either!! So of course there is confusion. 2) So he blew a penalty for a strip which was debateable at the least and in my opinion challengeable, so is that the loophole...anytime you get a penalty for a strip awarded to you that you think maybe overturned upon challenge, just take a quick tap so the defending team can't challenge. I've been dirty on Seyfarth in the past for ill-discipline and getting binned but yesterday he was a victim of circumstances, he impeded Levi but didn't really grab him and then left his arms outstretched so Levi could continue to run and when the hapless green machine dropped the ball the best case scenario for them should've been to get a penalty for Seyfarth being offside but I really think it should've been knock-on, scrum feed WT. Seriously has anyone at Macca's done a stock take recently because they must be one red headed clown short!

Tiger Pedro

Juniors
And what about Rapana playing the ref off a break with the "loophole" that even the 9 commentary team saw through. The one where Rapana had possession and the raiders were given a set restart for a leg pull but Jordan said I'm smarter than this nuff nuff with the whistle, I'll just drop it and he'll give us a penalty and we'll go an extra 30 metres downfield. Seriously the Refs let the players show them up as pushovers time and time again....and they fall for it every time !!!

Vic Mackey

Referee
The ref certainly helped canberra get back into it. I have no idea how a team that completely dominated loses the penalty/six again count 7-0 in the last 65 mins. There was definitely some 'lets make a game of this' about it. Shame that when were getting smacked the refs never think that way :confused:

Tigerm

Coach
I guess, the pleasing thing in the end was, we overcome it and whipped their arses.
Why wasn’t this willingness around when the expensive blokes were playing :(

WA Tiger

Bench
I missed all the refs mistakes..The game itself was just so incredible..and it looked like we could still lose with nearly 50 on the board …
I was looking for patterns to indicate if we’d win or lose and it was just one try after another regardless ..Then they started coming back .. It just had everything..I couldn’t believe the quality of the tries and the complete willingness of the boys out of nowhere to throw everything at the opposition especially in defence but then in attack as well…It’s not like the raiders wernt giving everything like they normally do. We just stopped them in their tracks..The best thing was with all the apparent help from the ref, we not only won but we made them look silly at the end with a couple of their last ditch efforts.. no disrespect to the raiders ..they are more than a good team but seriously we had some angel dust on us and we were not going to lose to any team on Sunday regardless..
It was good to see Benji staying real after the game
And interesting him saying the last couple of weeks were easy for him because the leaders were driving it.. definately sezer..see him laying into the players with flashing eyes toward the beginning …apparently Fainu and AD now too. I don’t think Sezers going anywhere next year unless I missed something. That boys tuff. He’s got a kicking game to bamboozle oppositions as well that we didn’t see on Sunday.
See the constant shorter than a length high balls.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
The best thing was with all the apparent help from the ref, we not only won but we made them look silly at the end with a couple of their last ditch efforts

This is also what's particularly pleasing for me. Many times in the past when we're not getting the rub of the green, they fall to pieces. The next step is to show the same tenacity when behind on the scoreboard. I really like the direction the boys are heading in.