What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Dragons @ UOW Jubilee Oval

Who will win? Round 16: Dragons v Knights

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 16
St George Illawarra Dragons v Newcastle Knights
UOW Jubilee Oval, Carlton (TICKETS)
Sunday 25 June 2017

Gates 9:30am / ISP 9:45am / NYC 11:45am / NRL 2pm

SGI-17teamlist.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Kurt Mann 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Josh McCrone 8. Russell Packer 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tariq Sims 12. Joel Thompson 13. Jack de Belin
Interchange: 14. Jacob Host 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Hame Sele 17. Taane Milne 18. Will Matthews 19. Tyson Frizell 20. Blake Lawrie 21. Euan Aitken

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Dane Gagai 2. Ken Sio 3. Brendan Elliott 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Nathan Ross 6. Brock Lamb 7. Jaelen Feeney 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi 10. Josh Starling 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Luke Yates 15. Josh King 16. Tyler Randell 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Sam Mataora 19. Jacob Gagan 20. Trent Hodkinson 21. Tom Hughes

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh, Clayton Sharpe
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea

NYC - Sun 11:45am at UOW Jubilee

ISP - Sun 9:45am at UOW Jubilee​

Last edited by a moderator:

Spot On

Coach
Yep, they are in a hole.

They've had 2 wins since round 7.

One was v the Warriors, the other v Cows without Thurston and Asiata played halfback.

Last edited:
6 weeks ago I would have said no chance but they seem on the same slide they went on last year. Might depend on if/how Dugan and Frizzell back uo

NathanBrown

Juniors
It's a danger game.. Dragons looking woeful off back to back losses.. I think they've only lost once at jubilee this year.. They'll come out fired up not to make it 3 losses on the trot.. I just hope they don't run riot

Pedge1971

First Grade
They will sack McCrone and the ship will be righted with all their fwds back.

Parra rushed up and buried their big fwds before they could get any steam up. We wont do that.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If newcastle play the dragons like how they played against manly they'll definitely win. They've struggled to overcome deficits this year it's all about how you guys open the game after the bye. If you come out slow you'll probably lose but if you come out firing I can't see the dragons finding a way to come back.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
JDB will be out after being found guilty by the MRC.

Frizell not named in the starting line up but is on the extended bench.

With both those guys out, and on current form this is one of our most winnable games of the season.

In saying that, frizell will probably end up playing and we will completely derp it up and get pumped.

Old dog

Bench
Bit disappointed with selection, thought we might go bigger, hopefully sammat might get called in

Interesting with Elliot at centre.
Ross has apparently been training at fullback in case Gagai doesn't play. I would have gone for Elliot there.
Gagan is obviously next cab on the rank for a spot.