What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Gold Coast @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 16: Newcastle v Gold Coast

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Is it just me but I HATE Friday 6pm game times. If thinking of attending it’s awkward to get to game unless very local, 6pm is family dinner time, especially winter. If at home you sit down for meals Again especially winters. You can record and watch later but it’s so much better live and again it’s family time 6pm to 8pm.
I hate recording and finding the score before I get to watch
Family time? Whatever the game time is each week is “leave me alone and don’t talk to me” time.

perverse

Referee
We could score all over the park when Tahu was with us. Still is a little surprising that he didn't make it in there.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I enjoyed seeing a more cohesive team finally. They actually looked like they had a plan and structure. Something every other club has. I have to admit, I did wonder throughout the game if that came about due to Ponga's absence.
Newcastle suffers the David Fifta syndrome where the game plan revolves around their million dollar player in every attacking raid.
It’s like a way to justify their salaries.
As long as they pull off a couple highlights their job is done, even though their team probably ends up losing 30 - 10.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence Newcastle looked their best this year in the opening 3 rounds when Ponga played second fiddle in the opening round and was out injured the next 2 games.
Against the Panthers with a man down, Newcastle still managed to scored points.
Ponga came back from injury the following round against the Sharks and the attack turned to shit again.

Newcastle should look at what Peyton has done at the Cowboys with their 2 million dollar players.
Peyton moved Holmes from fullback and played Taumalolo less minutes.
Their salaries didn’t dictate how and where they should played.
The sooner Ponga moves to 6 and parks himself on the left the better Newcastle will be.