What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs North Qld @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Newcastle v North Qld

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Ponga needs more involvement to be honest. It sounds weird to say about a bloke who has scored a double, but he's been quiet tonight by his standards. Will take a little while to work this out with the spine so new. I guess. When it works, it looks great though.

Jono078

Referee
When was the last time Fitz broke through the line?

Sloppy stuff so far
Did you see him at the beginning of that set huffing and puffing in the corner and not getting onside? This is the body language I don't like the rest of the team seeing. Then you have our front rowers belting the ball out and they've just done all the tackles in the middle.

Fitz has been solid tonight, but still nothing more than you'd expect from your average backrower.

PhilGould

Bench
Would be just Jake's luck to get injured once he's finally establishing himself as a starter. Looks ok though.

Jono078

Referee
I think that was king of hilarious Young went to ground too early and not escaping in-goal... He'll learn.

perverse

Referee
I think that was king of hilarious Young went to ground too early and not escaping in-goal... He'll learn.
He did all the hard work to get in a position to get out then duffed it, lol. Yeah, just a rookie error. The potential is hard to miss at this point.