What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs South Sydney @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v South Sydney

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
f'king criminal
1623593915830-png.49490

The opposition teams have won the penalties/restarts 35-19 in the last 2 games we’ve had Atkins. In that game thread V Parra even Eels fans were saying what a raw deal we were getting.

I’m fully aware that even if the game is reffed entirely fairly Souths likely beat us easily, however going into the game knowing we have this prick makes it even less desirable to watch

Vozzy

Juniors
If we get beaten again by 40-50 points with arm grabbing tackles I will be pissed if we run out with the same team again next week. It would just show that the club was thinking "every team loses to the storm so it didn't matter or look we are not so bad look at the Roosters" yeah look they are 5th still merkins. Like these guys are playing NRL they know how to tackle just f**king tackle tomorrow. Lose 18-6 busting your guts and the fans will be proud that's all I want at this stage considering the last 2 weeks.

simmo05

Bench
The opposition teams have won the penalties/restarts 35-19 in the last 2 games we’ve had Atkins. In that game thread V Parra even Eels fans were saying what a raw deal we were getting.

I’m fully aware that even if the game is reffed entirely fairly Souths likely beat us easily, however going into the game knowing we have this prick makes it even less desirable to watch
54 penalties/restarts in 2 games. Averaging 27 a game? Fmd, they changed the rules all those years ago when the storm and sharks got penalised that much in a game. Stopped the penalty crackdown that was in full swing and just went back the way it was immediately. Yet they are happy to continue with this farce of a comp??

I fully expect souths left side to run riot today. As long as we put in, line up an attacker and make a decision, I'll be OK. I expect at times their attack will be too good for us to read. Like you said Vozzy if it's arm tackles or just watching players roll through, I won't be OK.

Did anyone see that top 100 rich list in the telecrap this morning? That made depressing reading.

What can you say? If this was the coach's game plan then it's the worst defensive game plan since Chris Anderson implemented the the no marker defence for the Roosters and got sacked for it.

If it's the players they should all be sacked.

Either way it's another another snafu.

Vozzy

Juniors
OK I think Madge should probably go but half the team should go with him. Funny enough Brooks is one of the only ones trying along with Laurie. The forwards have been woeful along with centres and wingers. Need a torch through the joint and go back to find young players with attitude and enthusiasm. Funny enough our 2005 team would love these rules. Need to find forwards who fall forward and get quick play the balls and backs with pace.

I couldn’t help myself (again). Turned 9 on, 5 out from half time, sat and watched the tries at half time. Sterlo very critical of not just their defence but the how and what, standing still as south’s attacking and the moving backward. Pathetic that’s as bad as when Kidwelly was defensive coach. Who is the defensive coach?

Fordy20

Juniors
Just got back from the gym and thought I watch these losers flail around for little bit while I have something to eat. Down by 22 and they have an attacking set on the line and Mikaele gives away a stupid penalty cos he doesn't run straight.

How did Tim Daland phrase in Days of Thunder? "We look like a bunch of monkeys f**king a football out there!"

Vic Mackey

Referee

its had no bearing on outcome of the game, but for those playing at home its currently 11-3 to souths

its had no bearing on outcome of the game, but for those playing at home its currently 11-3 to souths

Yep. We actually got penalised for sheparding. yep that's right sheparding. Hasn't been called for at least 10 years. Souths did the same thing a couple of minutes later and it was ok then. Like you said Vic we were well beaten and it didn't matter but FFS. sheparding? Come on......

Tigers1986

Juniors
Another insipid, woeful, inept performance from a bunch of pelicans only interested in a pay cheque and have no heart for the club or their fans.

Moses Mbye needs to be released tonight - he did nothing, and offers nothing. He literally stood there and watched Reynolds slice through, only saved by his goal-line blunder. Imbecilic. He has more arm swings than a golfer. Makes me sick that Billy Walters, Zack Docker-Clay and Jock Madden are in reserves whilst this merkin is stealing a starting spot.

Again, again, again our defensive line failed to move up with intensity - just sit back and let the attack get on the front foot from the get-go. Souths were only playing at 50% intensity that second 40 (no doubt to preserve their origin stars) which made the scoreboard look better than how the game went.

The result was never in doubt, but once again we get smashed in the penalties and the set restart count. Every single week. When will Madge or that Pascoe pretender open dialogue with Annesley about our discipline issues and how they can be fixed?

Our run home:

Brisbane (a), Manly (a), Warriors (h), Bulldogs (a), Cowboys (a), Sharks (h), penrith (a), bulldogs (h)

Should be able to handle Brisbane, Warriors and the Bulldogs twice. Should. Sharks/Cowboys are iffy contests. Will get smashed by Manly & Penrith.

After the Storm embarrassment you would of thought this mob would of wanted some redemption, clearly not ,some of the players try but it’s hard when most of the team go missing.

stryker

First Grade
After the Storm embarrassment you would of thought this mob would of wanted some redemption, clearly not ,some of the players try but it’s hard when most of the team go missing.
Nothing changed.
Had we played Storm again today they would have posted a score north of 60.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Nothing changed.
Had we played Storm again today they would have posted a score north of 60.
Exactly.

It was a replica of the performance we put in V Storm. The only difference is Souffs are a step below them hence the scoreline flattered us

the players have phoned it in

stryker

First Grade
Exactly.

It was a replica of the performance we put in V Storm. The only difference is Souffs are a step below them hence the scoreline flattered us

the players have phoned it in
Yep and they all got on the socials promising shit had changed and they had identified what went wrong etc…Madge refused to punish most of them and viola…same shit different bucket. As predicted by the vast majority of us.
I thought Souths were patchy and disinterested today. They easily put 38 past us. A good side would have scored huge.
The coaching staff and the players don’t give a f**k.