What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 17: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
The 6 was reserve grade standard at best. That kick for the first try was way too big. Luckily we were playing at that bog Brookvale Oval where the ball just stopped when it hit the ground and Nofa never giving up the chase.

oh and that kick on the third tackle, well my beer mug nearly went through the screen.
Criticising our teams try, ok that’s a new angle...

Pezz70

Juniors
That’s - I didn’t see ADs lack of pace exposed - not skill
I don’t think AD has a lack of pace, i just think he was very tentative at fullback, was out of position and was scared to make mistakes. There were a couple
Of movements yesterday where he looked a quality player, good pace a tackle bust here and there. It was evident against Newcastle in the last 10 minutes that when Douehi was upfront he produced way better than he has produced at fullback. His defence was a bit how you going yesty, he made a couple of wrong decisions which led to tries but give him another few weeks. I’d rather him in the 6 jumper

Tigerm

First Grade
Pascoe’s job description: You have 10 years to destroy this club.There is no other requirement. You will not lose your job if you fail even several times and you should have the same flexibility with your team...
FMD, to what purpose does writhing shit like this do?

Wizardman

First Grade
Who would have thought goal kicking would win us a game?

I don't know what we should do with Joey Leilua. How long is he signed for? He looks extremely unfit even by his standards. Some of the stupid things he does on a regular basis defy belief.

99% of our fanbase knew he was going to be a rocks and diamonds player....he has been his whole career. What I didn't expect to see though is Leilua's very poor condition under a coach known for having his players 100% fit. It is definitely affecting his form . The only good game he has had all year was against the Bulldogs.

He has been criminally disappointing.

Tiger05

First Grade
His defence was a bit how you going yesty, he made a couple of wrong decisions which led to tries but give him another few weeks. I’d rather him in the 6 jumper

I think he was worth persisting with at fullback and he may still become our fullback. I just think he has to work on various components of his game. He was caught our really badly yesterday and he needs to work on his defense in the centres.

He has upside though and is worth persisting with. I can see him as a Wighton type 6 but he offers plenty at centre and fullback.

Tiger05

First Grade
He has been criminally disappointing.

Maybe over the course of the season. He was good yesterday and he has had his moments. A quality player with stupid mistakes in him based on being a moron. If he fixes that then maybe he will pay us back.

League WTF

Juniors
I don’t think AD has a lack of pace, i just think he was very tentative at fullback, was out of position and was scared to make mistakes. There were a couple
Of movements yesterday where he looked a quality player, good pace a tackle bust here and there. It was evident against Newcastle in the last 10 minutes that when Douehi was upfront he produced way better than he has produced at fullback. His defence was a bit how you going yesty, he made a couple of wrong decisions which led to tries but give him another few weeks. I’d rather him in the 6 jumper

Why would u be scared after so many rounds?

AD is not a fullback. I just don’t understand why it took Madge this long to figure it out.

We shouldn’t risk another season testing him at 5/8 either. The centre is his best spot and we should stick to it. Get his defense right and he’ll be a gun.

He must be our goal kicker too from now on.

Tiger05

First Grade
Are you sure you want to see AD at fullback for another season?

I don’t.

I'd be fine with it. He is great under the high ball, he is committed defensively, he gets metres on his kick returns and he can ball play.

He won't come up with a run like Mbye did yesterday but Mbye has classy plays in him. AD is more of a tough fullback. I think I'd prefer AD there over Mbye. I think AD has a greater chance of filling that fullback role successfully than JAC as well.

I agree with your point about not moving him about too much though. The thing is now he has to learn to defend in the centres. So moving him to the centres has a downside as well.

Assuming we get JAC which is far from a done deal in my opinion we will have 3-4 critical players whose position isn't clear. AD, JAC, Mbye and Brooks will all need to find spots in the team and perform consistently for us to be successful.

It's a tough ask for the coaching staff.

simmo05

Bench
Pascoe’s job description: You have 10 years to destroy this club.There is no other requirement. You will not lose your job if you fail even several times and you should have the same flexibility with your team...
Sounds like you could almost replace the words Pascoe with benji, and get a similar result!

stryker

First Grade
Nah he’ll do well at 5/8, it’s where he belongs, good pair of hands and all his development has been in the halves. He was pretty good tonight at centre. I know it was against a side that aren’t up to
It at the moment but 7 tackle breaks, 2 tries, a line break 2 offloads and 5 from 6 at goal, not bad
Having your best game after the season is over and against pitiful opposition isn’t that impressive to me. He is paid to do that whilst we are in the race for the finals. Unfortunately a lot of his performances this year ensured we were not a contender for the 8.

stryker

First Grade
I think Mbye deserves a wrap as well. Sure he has been average all season but he has had one poor game and more than a couple of good games. Average isn't shit like Benji, Brooks and Reynolds have all been at times.

I don't know what we do next season and it's going to be tough for Madge. Mbye has to slot into the team in a key position - the halves or fullback.
He should be washing the shithouse floors for reserve grade. He ain’t a footballer’s arsehole.