What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 17: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Who would have thought goal kicking would win us a game?

I don't know what we should do with Joey Leilua. How long is he signed for? He looks extremely unfit even by his standards. Some of the stupid things he does on a regular basis defy belief.
Waste of time and money

WA Tiger

Bench
What I didn't expect to see though is Leilua's very poor condition under a coach known for having his players 100% fit.
Prob required a “Strong Conversation” from Madge same with for AD hitting the weights ..Not Madges cup of tea unfortunately

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t think AD has a lack of pace, i just think he was very tentative at fullback, was out of position and was scared to make mistakes. There were a couple
Of movements yesterday where he looked a quality player, good pace a tackle bust here and there. It was evident against Newcastle in the last 10 minutes that when Douehi was upfront he produced way better than he has produced at fullback. His defence was a bit how you going yesty, he made a couple of wrong decisions which led to tries but give him another few weeks. I’d rather him in the 6 jumper

....Only time AD loses speed is after he gets an intercept...Centre covers up his lack of speed..If he put on some weight I’d be more confident for him at 6...for now he can catch high balls because of his height and set up and score tries from centre..he may be of more use there

Reading further this morning, I'd be surprised if anything happens now, (other than the 3 year extensions).

Great reporting yet again:

When quizzed about the duo’s disappearance, Tigers coach Michael Maguire conceded he was unaware they had left the ground but also downplayed the issue.

“There’s no hard and fast rule they have to be at games,” Maguire told The Daily Telegraph.

“Russ was our 19th man, and Josh came to be around the boys.

“They didn’t really give me a reason – they just said they were cold and wanted to go home.”
Great reporting, - Maguire conceded he was unaware they had left the ground" / "they just said they were cold and wanted to go home." so what was it? Maguire was unaware or was aware as they said they were cold?

Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis confirmed the two players were not obligated to attend the match, but admitted it was “not a good look”. So Packer was not obligated to attend the match but as 19th man, he is obligated to attend the warm up only !! Good one Lee.

Nothing story IMO, I might add though, the piece about Reynolds going to be around the boys reminded me, a few years ago watching many Bulldogs 1st graders walk into Leichhardt Oval led by Reynolds to watch a NSW Cup game between Bulldogs & Wests Magpies, not a Tigers 1st grader to be seen though.

WA Tiger

Bench
Reading further this morning, I'd be surprised if anything happens now, (other than the 3 year extensions).

Great reporting yet again:

Great reporting, - Maguire conceded he was unaware they had left the ground" / "they just said they were cold and wanted to go home." so what was it? Maguire was unaware or was aware as they said they were cold?

Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis confirmed the two players were not obligated to attend the match, but admitted it was “not a good look”. So Packer was not obligated to attend the match but as 19th man, he is obligated to attend the warm up only !! Good one Lee.

Nothing story IMO, I might add though, the piece about Reynolds going to be around the boys reminded me, a few years ago watching many Bulldogs 1st graders walk into Leichhardt Oval led by Reynolds to watch a NSW Cup game between Bulldogs & Wests Magpies, not a Tigers 1st grader to be seen though.
Now the clubs walking on eggshells ..Good on Reynolds for going down and seeing the boys play He left coz it was cold ..Packer was in pain with all his ops and the cold combined so fair enough...Those two won’t be happy with all this rubbish..

Pezz70

Juniors
Why would u be scared after so many rounds?

AD is not a fullback. I just don’t understand why it took Madge this long to figure it out.

We shouldn’t risk another season testing him at 5/8 either. The centre is his best spot and we should stick to it. Get his defense right and he’ll be a gun.

He must be our goal kicker too from now on.

Trying to learn a new position, massive expectations on him, Probly reading forum comments from tigers fans, he’s a young bloke and it’s a human thing. The new brigade brought up where every competitor gets a trophy are a sensitive, sometimes neurotic and anxious bunch. I’m over the hill now and only played park footy but even after years I still got the nerves early in a game not wanting to make mistakes, and if you did it just made it that much harder. I dint think Douiehi feels comfortable at fullback fullstop.

Pezz70

Juniors
That’s why he shouldn’t be there. I don’t see him having a sook in the centre.

It’s first grade and comes with a pay check.
Fullbacks a completely different kettle of fish, I’m confident he’d kill them at 5/8, it’s where he needs to be. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Talau on the bench, Benji get hooked and Douiehi moved to 5/8 During the match and Talau come in in the centres this week. I think it’s time for Liddle to have a rest.