What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 18: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
Ok Yes, if he enjoyed playing in the lower grade. Also I’m expecting that contingencies are afoot so that doesn’t happen.
There's no denying that Daine has raw talent. At first he appeared lazy but I put that down to being overwhelmed and lacking a bit of confidence.
He wasn't sure of where to be and had to get a voice to organise the D.
At ⅝ it's more in the line stuff and the ball will definitely find him. It's a position he has played in before.
As far a D goes, Daino doesn't lack courage as he's put his body on the line several times before.
Could the young brigade of Bula, Da Silva and Laurie (and perhaps Feledy as a centre) be a glimpse of things to come...good or bad, now's not the time to sit on our hands.
With our current pack we have got 1-3 years to get this rebuild done and firing otherwise it loses it's eldge and unless there are more stars coming thru we'll have to start over again.
This is a model that has repeated itself over and over since our first year.
The big difference is we have finally got a healthy cap.
We must keep it that way and hope we find the winning formula and balance between potential pathway stars and recruiting established stars.
I'm still seething over Api's broken jaw. Finally we get a true leader to build our team around and not we have to wait again.

Tiger Ted

Bench
There's no denying that Daine has raw talent. At first he appeared lazy but I put that down to being overwhelmed and lacking a bit of confidence.
He wasn't sure of where to be and had to get a voice to organise the D.
At ⅝ it's more in the line stuff and the ball will definitely find him. It's a position he has played in before.
As far a D goes, Daino doesn't lack courage as he's put his body on the line several times before.
Could the young brigade of Bula, Da Silva and Laurie (and perhaps Feledy as a centre) be a glimpse of things to come...good or bad, now's not the time to sit on our hands.
With our current pack we have got 1-3 years to get this rebuild done and firing otherwise it loses it's eldge and unless there are more stars coming thru we'll have to start over again.
This is a model that has repeated itself over and over since our first year.
The big difference is we have finally got a healthy cap.
We must keep it that way and hope we find the winning formula and balance between potential pathway stars and recruiting established stars.
I'm still seething over Api's broken jaw. Finally we get a true leader to build our team around and not we have to wait again.
Bula & TDS certainly & optimistically represent the blue sky going forward.Can’t say the same for Laurie who imo hasn’t got the attributes to make it in the top grade.Only time will tell whether Feledy cuts the mustard.He may be carving it up in Flegg but the NRL is a whole different beast.The winning formula which we’ve been glaringly bereft of for over a decade encompasses quality halves who posses a high footy IQ.One part of that equation is finally sorted with the departure of the pathetic imbecile brooks.I hope it doesn’t take another 11 yrs to solve our gargantuan chronic game management problem.Hope I’m wrong but I have a hunch we will FK this up especially as there seems to be too many dopey cooks in the kitchen.

Nutz

Bench
This is potentially the worst halves combo we've fielded for a while.
Daino is going to need heaps of support from the forwards on the inside because he will definitely be defending on the inside shoulder and following the attack laterally...this he can do because it's similar defense of what he's accustomed too. Our edges and Wakeham have to help when the attack is direct or cutting back inside.
At least Daino has had a few weeks now to settle into the role at training.
NQ will be seething after their last game and will really give it to us.
I believe in miracles....and beer!

Pezz70

Juniors
They’ll put 100 on the Tigers tonight. Wakeham is way off the pace he plays like he has a broken leg. Lots of ball watching Nofo, Laurie, Toa. Right hand side defence is non existent

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
I hate to say it but that was expected. The tigers halves are atrocious. Every time Dearden gets the ball near Wakeham he is three steps quicker and it causing absolute havoc with the defensive structure if I was coaching I’d have hooked him after 20 minutes, but the reserves bench and pack didn’t allow it, there’s no plan B in this side 2 hookers and no forward in the pack capable of playing centre or 5/8. Shit coaching. Blore looks unfit and isn’t able to keep up there’s 5 or 6 passengers out there tonight can’t have that in top grade. Injuries have killed us but I can’t believe the ineptitude of the coaches.

I said it earlier, Lee and Co have finally realised that the errors of their ways and have begun cutting Tim and Benji out of the loop.

It all gets back to the panic reaction in 2021, make overtures to Tim to come back to “ right the ship” followed by the disaster of 2022. A series of bad decisions made for avarice.

The triumphant selling of Tim in command and then he takes the coaching role. On-sells the future to Benji who has never coached and isn’t qualified.

I could cop it if players were improving and yet we were still losing, but it’s all into a dogs vomit monstrosity and as usual, no one is accountable.

The only difference is that Lee and co are finally waking up.

They can’t sell this massacre to anyone.

No one’s wearing anymore and it’s time to watch the heads roll.

Tim and Benji have finally lost the changeroom. The players don’t want a bar of them.

WA Tiger

Bench
Its a hard pill but Nothing will change if we keep having close losses/wins. We all knew Benji and co was a bad idea from the start and we have known forever Pascoe and then Lee are as bad. The two heads and the board got themselves into this mess. Now how to get themselves out of it and who remains or not if this keeps up and at what $$cost

WA Tiger

Bench
Although with a good halve and centre added..….Why would sgi want to get rid of lomax?? Beats me

One of the biggest beatings in club history and currently nothing remotely apologetic or reaching out on official, the club pretending like it never f**king happened.

It’s our (fans and members, sponsors and stakeholders) fault is it?

Lee spent hours bullshitting to us and the media about accountability a little while ago. Well f**k, if dead stony silence and the club officialdom in hiding is accountability, I’d hate to see what Lees idea of not being accountable is.

We are now getting to a year into the Tim and Benji back to the future grand plan- how many games have we won?

How many players have improved?

How is the depth going?

How is our fortress tradesman like defence?

How many marquee are lining up?

What is our position on the table?

We all know the answers, but the club keeps persisting with its wrong ideas about how to manage a football club.

The only solution is dramatic change at many different levels.

This Tim program is and has alwaYs been bullshit and it’s really not going to get any better.

Lee better had better be sharpening his axe or he’ll find himself on the wrong end it figuratively speaking.

No Lee, you can’t wear your fedora during the execution. More appropriate to wear your Tigers merch.

Thanks a lot for the logo change too. It’s made a massive difference and your f**king coe which we would have been better off without. $78m footy urinal. We played better without it. Pointless waste.

If the club rang me to sponsor it, I’d say I’d prefer some signage on oceangate submersibles.

This is where all of us heading Lee:

We actively reward failure.

Can’t even apologise or reach out after that walloping. They are f**king joking.

Our Wests Tigers are entirely bereft of any leadership at the moment.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I didn't see the game, thank God, but that is the sort of score and performance a team of players put in when they want a change in coach and or management...seriously these players have conspired to get rid of someone or something.
37% possession it's just sweeping the ocean away with a straw broom...once the first half score and exhaustion level reaches the tipping point then the sky's the limit. 66 - 18 6 weeks ago was that...pretty much every other 50 plus scoreline in today's non stop game as well. We just took it to a deeper depth