What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Rabbitohs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Yep trying to hard to win, I’m not bagging Benji on this occasion, he was doing his best for the team, but you’ve got to pick your moments, it’s something that Benjis has done throughout his career, he’s a
100% team man but he lacks that little bit of trust in his team mates and as a result he finds himself trying to make something out of nothing too
Often sometimes it’s great but more often than not it’s not the right play. Sounds critical I know but he did have a good game tonight
Certainly the story of his career.
I can see why though...he has played with some duds who don’t create chances and as a result he overplays. Farah suffered similarly.
This year, he and Grant are the two trying to win us games most weeks. With both gone next year my question is...how do we score at all?

stryker

First Grade
Farah got criticised for always going for the big play himself but Benji has always been just as bad if not worse with the hero play instead of playing for the team
I don’t know if you ever noticed but Rob and Benj played the majority of their careers with reserve graders and pensioners. Had they not overplayed their hands, we would own at least 3 spoons now, if the club even existed anymore.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don’t know if you ever noticed but Rob and Benj played the majority of their careers with reserve graders and pensioners. Had they not overplayed their hands, we would own at least 3 spoons now, if the club even existed anymore.

True. They really suffered without a genuine controlling halfback after Prince left. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Mat Head had been given a decent crack or if Moltzen had just been left in the halves instead of trying to manufacture him into a fullback.

Front-Rower

First Grade
True. They really suffered without a genuine controlling halfback after Prince left. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Mat Head had been given a decent crack or if Moltzen had just been left in the halves instead of trying to manufacture him into a fullback.

Robert Lui? It’s no coincidence that the two years he played 7 we made finals..

Fordy20

Juniors
Pretty much, although he wasn't around in 2008 and if Sheens had replaced Gallant with another outside back when he broke his leg instead of playing Lui, we would have played finals football in 2009 as well.

stryker

First Grade
Agreed. Farah, Moltzen and Benji had the structure of a good attacking combination. However we just never tried to replace Prince like for like which caused a lot of our problems.