What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 18: Raiders v Wests Tigers

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to Ricky’s kingdom.

A bunch of poms no one can understand and the new fad of charnze’s man bun down at accounts in the finance department

All their stupid Viking clapping.

I hope we rip them a new one.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I wouldn’t write off this season yet (although it is looking increasingly worrying) - if we win against either Canberra or Newcastle there is a chance of a late season run.

I’m praying Talau debuts this week - it’s been a little while since we had a lower grader we could really be excited about. Hopefully a hyped debut fires up the lads to rip into Ricky’s band of fairies.

Good judges put him alongside Bronson Xerri and Albert Hopoate in young gun teen outside backs coming through at the moment.

But really, anything is better than that worm Robert “the slug” Jennings.

simmo1

First Grade
Jennings yet another example of a bog average winger on the end of a great backline made to look good - see Wolfman, Gagai etc. Hope that's the last of him in 1st grade.

WA Tiger

Bench
I wouldn’t write off this season yet (although it is looking increasingly worrying) - if we win against either Canberra or Newcastle there is a chance of a late season run.

I’m praying Talau debuts this week - it’s been a little while since we had a lower grader we could really be excited about. Hopefully a hyped debut fires up the lads to rip into Ricky’s band of fairies.

Good judges put him alongside Bronson Xerri and Albert Hopoate in young gun teen outside backs coming through at the moment.

But really, anything is better than that worm Robert “the slug” Jennings.
That’s good we have Confirmation that Talau is good ...ok for you guys that picked him take a bow ...hold on .......that’s just me taking a bow and the others that doubted him...eeeeeeeree. ...I just hope Madge doesnt think because of his age he has to bring him on slowly and play him at the 60th minute until it IS too late re our season ...I do think that one player can change the dynamics of the backline ..especially if he’s good..imagine playing inside Jennings you just wouldn’t want to pass the ball...

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I know u guys don’t believe in star signs but Talau is an Aries Dragon ..same as Russel Crowe ...Confident mentally Tough and Angry...Chuck him on.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Have you seen early shots of Greg Inglis at the storm ..He was 18 when he arrived there.He went to Saufs when he was 23

Pezz70

Juniors
Just looking at a couple of different things with respect to the Tigers, I really think it’s time to ditch Rowdy, give him a bench role, definitely shouldn’t be in our starting line up. I have miles of respect for this fella, he’s as tough as they come but he really isn’t up for big minutes anymore. I’d run him off the bench for 10-15 minute stints late in each half, just have him blazing on those neat angles he can run, full of speed and energy.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just looking at a couple of different things with respect to the Tigers, I really think it’s time to ditch Rowdy, give him a bench role, definitely shouldn’t be in our starting line up. I have miles of respect for this fella, he’s as tough as they come but he really isn’t up for big minutes anymore. I’d run him off the bench for 10-15 minute stints late in each half, just have him blazing on those neat angles he can run, full of speed and energy.
Hopefully we receive salary cap dispensation with rowdy’s next contract.

The unknown

Juniors
Hopefully we receive salary cap dispensation with rowdy’s next contract.

We already do I think, but to the extent I don't know. I think it is like 200-300k

For this reason alone itd be pretty handy to keep him a couple years, cause when Benji and Farah retire we lose a lot of experience. If his body holds up of course

WA Tiger

Bench
I have to be happy with our attack...There were some slick moves we tried that just didn’t come off.....Not quite but still very impressive that we can attack like we did ...Benjis starting to do stuff that I havnt seen in a long time ..when he runs a fair width of the field coz he’s seen a spot where he can create an extra man or create some kind of havoc ..only he can see what he’s going to do....Thats what he lives for to create that extra man..And he’s nailing it.. That kick across to Thompson that he created..That was tragic but very impressive also.........What if it does click at some point.....,,,,,,,Therefore I think we have reason to be optomistic about the Raiders game ..They’re 3rd...That would be A great scalp...We can only afford to lose 2 more games max ..Even 28 points may not be enough..

Pezz70

Juniors
I have to be happy with our attack...There were some slick moves we tried that just didn’t come off.....Not quite but still very impressive that we can attack like we did ...Benjis starting to do stuff that I havnt seen in a long time ..when he runs a fair width of the field coz he’s seen a spot where he can create an extra man or create some kind of havoc ..only he can see what he’s going to do....Thats what he lives for to create that extra man..And he’s nailing it.. That kick across to Thompson that he created..That was tragic but very impressive also.........What if it does click at some point.....,,,,,,,Therefore I think we have reason to be optomistic about the Raiders game ..They’re 3rd...That would be A great scalp...We can only afford to lose 2 more games max ..Even 28 points may not be enough

We need 30, 28 is usually pretty close to eighth but we have such poor for and against it wont get us into the 8 I suspect