What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Dragons @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Knights v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
These are the games where we typically spend the whole first half dropping the ball and derping our way around the field until we make a comeback near the end and still lose.

We have a terrible record against saints especially at home and especially in the Alex McKinnon cup.

The only thing that makes me feel positive is that generally this year we have rebounded well after a loss so I would expect us to be far better than last week. Still not super confident though, we often save our worst performance for when we play the dragons.

As I said, halfbacks GENERALLY control the game.

Cook no. Reynolds does that for Souths with his kicking game.

Smith - whole different player. The master.
Halves often control plays. That can be very different to game control and giving the team direction.

We have a terrible record against saints especially at home and especially in the Alex McKinnon cup.
All these bottom teams have something to prove and nothing to lose. They are playing for pride and possibly for contracts. Dogs were a great example. They really put it on in attack (defence was lacking).
We can't underestimate the Saints. We probably will underestimate them and have the knowledge in the back of our heads that a final spot is ours.
I don't think this game will be easy.

Nathan Cleary controls plays, control the game and gives his team direction. Like a good half should.
Pearce never will. He'll be with us for next year and possibly the year after.
I reckon we focus on what's the best to get the best from him.
We need that structure and direction to take pressure off him and allow him to be a play maker.
Green settled the team down in his first game.
Buderus would do it for us without being a play maker. With someone like Buderus the team formed up and we knew what the plan was. Brailey might do it. At present we've got guys at 9 who can service well (although they pick the wrong way at times) and make some runs out of dummy half but we lack structure behind them.
I reckon AOB will focus on developing the young guys we have at 6 and 7 (later on) but they are a long way off from being leaders.
We will have Pearce for 1 to 2 years.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I reckon AOB will focus on developing the young guys we have at 6 and 7 (later on) but they are a long way off from being leaders.
We will have Pearce for 1 to 2 years.
this fills me with dread, if true we wont be seriously challenging for the Premiership at least for the next 2 years.

Spot On

Coach
Pearce never will. He'll be with us for next year and possibly the year after.
I reckon we focus on what's the best to get the best from him.
We need that structure and direction to take pressure off him and allow him to be a play maker.

Fingers crossed.

Latest posts