What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Manly @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Manly v Wests Tigers

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I missed all but the first few minutes of the second half, not worth watching now by the looks, but did having 2 down play a part? I never thought this was one we would pencil in as a win, though.

I couldn't believe Alioa didn't get binned or sent off for that tackle

Tigerm

First Grade
Like taliis said a little while ago, lots of blokes happy to play footy and get into clubs first and mooch drinks etc and use the name and $$$ to root birds. Can you imagine if we paid 80k a year and the rest was based on wining. That would sort the workers from the bludgers.
Yep, the old system was, a sign on fee, then win and loss payments. It would certainly sort some of these Sheila's out?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I missed all but the first few minutes of the second half, not worth watching now by the looks, but did having 2 down play a part? I never thought this was one we would pencil in as a win, though.

I couldn't believe Alioa didn't get binned or sent off for that tackle
If you’re gonna watch it turn it off after about 30 mins because it’s all down hill from there

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Like taliis said a little while ago, lots of blokes happy to play footy and get into clubs first and mooch drinks etc and use the name and $$$ to root birds. Can you imagine if we paid 80k a year and the rest was based on wining. That would sort the workers from the bludgers.
Back in the old days blokes played with passion for peanuts…there is about 3 or 4 players each week that actually play like they want to win in my view.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Take away Turbo gliding past Luciano at will and Welcome Back Kotter giving Pauga and absolute bath and the Tigers are in it up to their eyeballs. Manly were pretty average but exploited the obvious weaknesses in WT well.

One of the obvious issues for this team is on the edges. Luciano has regressed and impersonating his brother in defence, Garner can run a decent line but I doubt he starts in any other team and the centre pairing selected each week is by far the worst in the comp. There is zero strike and the only joy this team gets is from an occasional the cut out bullet pass to the winger.

Liddle went well and noticed he is no longer wearing the brace on his leg which is a good sign. Doueihi is good and has heart, a future leader at the club if he doesn't get the shits with losing every week and leave.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I also noted the lack of support play when we made breaks. Manly make a break and there's 4 in support. Liddle made his bust and he's surrounded by eagles.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Luke Thompson just got 10 in the bin for a slightly late hit on a ball player who got straight up

Aloiai got penalized for a cannon ball which ruled a guy out for the game and 6-8 weeks

and the NRL genuinely want us to believe some teams don’t get favoured

get absolutely fcked, I swear I’m just about done with this shit

Fordy20

Juniors
I also noted the lack of support play when we made breaks. Manly make a break and there's 4 in support. Liddle made his bust and he's surrounded by eagles.

It's the same in attack in general. We don't run option runners and no one backs up for support. Everyone is getting set for the next play instead of being ready to roll up the pitch the second there is a weakness.