What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Sydney @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Sydney v Newcastle

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
I don't want us to make the finals anymore. I think I said it way earlier in the year, but it'll just put a bandaid over the fact that there's fundamental issues with this team. You cannot tell me this team is well coached. Pearce coaches this team more than our coaching staff - and it's obvious because we only look like we know wtf is going on when he's out there telling them what to do. f**king confused, clueless children without him. God it's frustrating.

Jono078

Referee
I'm really disappointed all the pressure has been put on Clifford to do all the kicking tonight. I can only imagine that is the coach's call?

I also think we've over targeted Walker with Barnett. We haven't tried to confuse Walker, we've just tried to steamroll him each time with the same play.

Is this as best a gameplan we can come up with?

perverse

Referee
A good chef can make even ordinary ingredients into something that's at least edible (see Brian Smith when he coached us). Our chef actually has a few nice ingredients, and just throws them in the oven and leaves it on until the f**kin' smoke alarm goes off. Doesn't even season the meat, the monster.

Jono078

Referee
Mann and Young simply cannot play next week. They need to join Fitzy.

Also shows how bad they've been that no one is demanding Tuala be dropped! (although he has been better lately, to his credit).

K-Man

Bench
I don't want us to make the finals anymore. I think I said it way earlier in the year, but it'll just put a bandaid over the fact that there's fundamental issues with this team. You cannot tell me this team is well coached. Pearce coaches this team more than our coaching staff - and it's obvious because we only look like we know wtf is going on when he's out there telling them what to do. f**king confused, clueless children without him. God it's frustrating.

Agree 100%. We don't deserve to be there and we don't do any of the things well that I think are indicative of a well coached football side. Good coaching is when you look at the team on paper but the performance is greater than the sum of its parts. That was us five years ago, but these days I don't think the club or AOB can use a lack of cattle as an excuse. You've got forwards who can and do get the job done a lot of the time, if they don't own the middle they certainly keep it relatively even. At times I'd say we dominate the forward battle at least for part of a game. We have a solid hooker, a superstar fullback, and a player in Watson who offers a point of difference that almost any club in the league would like to have at their disposal.

What don't we have? Anything at all that resembles an actual team, working together, punching holes in the opposition and doing all the little things right with attention to detail and clear decision making. We don't have consistent intensity and enthusiasm. We don't have a clear style of football or strategy. We look like we'd be exactly the same team even if we didn't have a coach at all. That is a shocking indictment on whatever it is we're doing.

Jono078

Referee
Whoever signed on hiring AOB should be under scrutiny aswell. A rookie coach wasnt what we needed.
I wouldn't go that far. He was highly sought after and did a great apprenticeship. But I absolutely do feel we've wasted what Brown was able to build. I think we were capable of better during AOB's time here so far.

perverse

Referee
I wouldn't go that far. He was highly sought after and did a great apprenticeship. But I absolutely do feel we've wasted what Brown was able to build. I think we were capable of better during AOB's time here so far.
We haven't moved forward a single step since O'Brien started. Not one millimetre forward. 2 years in, and not a single modicum of progress for mine. We're definitely capable of better. It's not all personnel. Yes, we have some plonkers, but there's way more wrong than just them.

Yosh

Coach
Our attacking kicking game and lack of attack in general puts too much pressure on our attack. Can't believe how we never take advantage of our forward roll on. Both Saifitis were smashing through every run. Quick play the ball then nothing. Just waiting around. The good teams know what's on immediately and move together as a unit. We stand there and just toss the ball to whoever.

Until now, I've been behind AOB but perhaps this is his last season.

Jono078

Referee
So are we getting the standard injuries excuse tonight? Maybe with bad prep on top.
He ought to be ashamed of himself if he did. No way you use that excuse when you've come up against the Roosters, on top of what they endured in the first half of this match and overcame.

We lost on errors and execution, and the build of pressure that created was too much for us to handle - that's the crux of it.

Yosh

Coach
We haven't moved forward a single step since O'Brien started. Not one millimetre forward. 2 years in, and not a single modicum of progress for mine. We're definitely capable of better. It's not all personnel. Yes, we have some plonkers, but there's way more wrong than just them.

Do we really have any plonkers? It's his choice to use Mann. I would have just kept Brodie Jones out at centre all year. Josh King has been great this year. Sue has been a great find. Watson is wonderful through the middle when used well. Clifford has been a really good signing (by tonight).

Who are the plodders? We have the resources. Why keep picking Mann?

Latest posts