What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last season I had a feeling that our season was over after round two, with regret I have the same feeling about this season after that effort yesterday.

The Rosco

Bench
I never planned on thinking this way . . . . but maybe it's best that we do hit rock bottom, so it's clearly seen by all that we are well and truly Fxxcked and all those years of just a couple of new garden variety players doesn't actually fix anything.
Parra, Titans, dogs. All hit rock bottom ( well to be fair to the dogs and titans . . . they weren't as bad as parra ), and all are playing at a competitive level now. Cleaned out their rosters and made significant changes.
No point us trying to emulate the storms or rooters . . . we need to look at the shyte teams mentioned and copy their plan on escaping the continual rut of garbage we dish up.
Parra is the perfect example. Total and utter trash, spoons galore . . . but within a few years they have turned it around.

WA Tiger

Bench
Why can’t we play like the cowboys. They were shit late last year…. They looked unbeatable on the weekend.. Peta Hiku what a buy! He only went their coz he liked what Peyton did at the warriors

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Madge & Hastings !
What was the story with the penalties from Hastings when he just took taps and ran himself?
No though about giving his forwards free metres etc? Surely Madge was on the blower to his sideline supports to ask what it was about and to say never again. But he did it again - that's Jason Taylor(ish) stuff.
Hastings just stat padding so people can bark off about how many metres he made rather than focus on him getting tackled on the 4th and giving hospital balls to flat footed forwards off tap restarts.

Wizardman

First Grade
Hastings just stat padding so people can bark off about how many metres he made rather than focus on him getting tackled on the 4th and giving hospital balls to flat footed forwards off tap restarts.
He was not great yesterday either. I will cut him a bit of slack as the guy seems to try and can make people miss on occassion. He was better yesterday than last week.

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't think it caused our loss, but the HIA reviews from afar, were strange and costly to us?

I mean, if a bloke is reviewed to have been hit around the head and removed for HIA reasons, why does nothing happens to the bloke who caused the issue?

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't think it caused our loss, but the HIA reviews from afar, were strange and costly to us?

I mean, if a bloke is reviewed to have been hit around the head and removed for HIA reasons, why does nothing happens to the bloke who caused the issue?
Nofo was holding his eye from the pain from that tackle that’s all. I don’t think u can have concussion of the eye..but no off for 15 minutes

Tigerm

First Grade
Nofo was holding his eye from the pain from that tackle that’s all. I don’t think u can have concussion of the eye..but no off for 15 minutes
Yeah, just strange, I think if they continue this action, then teams need to be allowed extra bench players, as teams don't really cover for the quicker backs?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Nothing like a clean sweep,
NSW Cup played Monday night Knights 30 Magpies 4 - 6 tries to 1,
Jersey Flegg played Monday night Knights 22 Tigers 10 (see young Zane Camroux has returned to the Tigers from the Knights)
Awesome ! Now we can settle into our 25 year plan for getting back to 9th again by relying on lower grade players coming through. Ofcourse any quality players we unearth will have a long, happy and successful career elsewhere.

Tigerm

First Grade
DL doesn’t need this press?
Though, I thought it was JTJ’s best game for us?

Tigers: Star duo broke no rules with late-night pokie session before ugly Knights hammering​

Wests Tigers officials are privately claiming they have no issue with Daine Laurie and James Roberts playing poker machines the night before the club was convincingly beaten by Newcastle on Sunday.

In a move viewed as bad optics given the Tigers lame performance, a Newcastle fan has claimed they saw the Tigers duo playing poker machines at the Great Northern Hotel in Newcastle until around 10pm on Saturday night.

Tiger05

First Grade
a Newcastle fan has claimed they saw the Tigers duo playing poker machines at the Great Northern Hotel in Newcastle until around 10pm on Saturday night

f**ken hell. This is horrific.

Meanwhile George Burgess has sexually assaulted a woman. Nothing to see here though. Just on walk on by.

Wizardman

First Grade
DL doesn’t need this press?
Though, I thought it was JTJ’s best game for us?

Tigers: Star duo broke no rules with late-night pokie session before ugly Knights hammering​

Wests Tigers officials are privately claiming they have no issue with Daine Laurie and James Roberts playing poker machines the night before the club was convincingly beaten by Newcastle on Sunday.

In a move viewed as bad optics given the Tigers lame performance, a Newcastle fan has claimed they saw the Tigers duo playing poker machines at the Great Northern Hotel in Newcastle until around 10pm on Saturday night.
It is no crime.....but it sure is bad optics.

These days....players just need to be as professional as they can. Bad optics do matter....particularly in the state our club is presently in. Getting on the punt is a vice.....and doing it in a public place the night before a game is not great.

Our club need to be doing as much right as they can.

Someone2

Juniors
They could of donated the money to charity

now you gonna have young guys go put their whole pay check in the pokies because their “role models” at the tigers do it

Tigerm

First Grade
They could of donated the money to charity

now you gonna have young guys go put their whole pay check in the pokies because their “role models” at the tigers do it
Wasn’t the Eels wanker (thinks he’s funny on TV) bemoan how he lost big dollars on the pokies, some years back?
Maybe do some research before coming here talking shit.