What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton

Who will win? Round 20: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
While I agree about trying trying combo, there is some value in giving Madden an extended run. I still have high hopes he could be the long term answer.

I reckon Madden deserves more time in the 7 jersey but I also assume that means Hastings to 13 longer term. At least we get to see if these two work out in those positions.

Tigerm

First Grade
While I agree about trying trying combo, there is some value in giving Madden an extended run. I still have high hopes he could be the long term answer.
Unless he is leaving?

I’d still be keen to give Dooee and Hastings a run?

Well Brooks rightly or wrongly has copped a lot of the blame for the WT demise and failure over the years, it will be interesting to see how the WT go now without him and what happens if they string a number of wins together.

gordsy

Juniors
I'd like to see us blood a few young guys and tell who ever is is the halves to go out and have fun. Not like we've got much to lose.

Pezz70

Juniors
Well Brooks rightly or wrongly has copped a lot of the blame for the WT demise and failure over the years, it will be interesting to see how the WT go now without him and what happens if they string a number of wins together.
We’re down on quality troops, our outside backs are very ordinary in both attack and defence. While Brooks has his occasional stuff up it’s not all bout him , he’s not got to experience running behind a tough, consistent forward pack. Hard to play quality footy off the back of plays that rarely make the ad line and when they do they take 30 seconds to play the ball.

WA Tiger

Bench
At least if we lose it will be from lack of effort - it usually is isn’t it. Not from a WTF Brooks loss of Momentum…I won’t miss that one where he sprints across field with the ball, toward where he and a straight running forward will meet and then when there’s about a half metre between them he fires a no look bullet pass, that is inevitably dropped. He has a number of these strings to his bow

Last edited:
Surprised that Madden gets a run, would have thought Sheens would have had a say in seeing how Hastings goes at 7 with Doueihi. Then again maybe Sheens is happy with Hastings at 13, meaning Brooks for 2023 perhaps😠.

Can see Walters and Hoeter having big games tonight simply because that’s what former Tigers typically do.

I actually don't mind trying Hastings at 13, it's something different, it others another creative option with the halves, some argue that it lessens our forward strength, which maybe true, but considering our position we have nothing to lose.

Pezz70

Juniors
I actually don't mind trying Hastings at 13, it's something different, it others another creative option with the halves, some argue that it lessens our forward strength, which maybe true, but considering our position we have nothing to lose.
He is playing half back with a 13 on his jersey, he was predominately the first receiver last week and we virtually played with two 5/8’s.

Pezz70

Juniors
This could end up being an absolute drubbing, keep turning over the ball on the first or second tackle three times and there’s still 15 to go
In the first half

Pezz70

Juniors
Credit to the Tigers to be still in the game after some poor footy. Early turnovers, missed tackles and offloads have put them under the pump but they’ve managed to stay in the fight👍

The broncos are making very easy yards up the guts. Averaging about 50m a set, We'll need to work on that.

Aside from that we're looking pretty creative with the ball, if not with some poor finishing. We've bombed at least 2 tries.