What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
It won’t happen but, it would be pretty funny if we go on a winning run with KP out of the team.

Jono078

Referee
It won’t happen but, it would be pretty funny if we go on a winning run with KP out of the team.
You know, I actually discussed this today.. It wouldn't surprise me if we played some expansive footy with Kalyn out, like the pressure is back on the halves to touch the ball more now.

But I think with our position on the ladder and the time of the season, it'll be easier to just give up.

Jono078

Referee
Just seen something on twitter and laughed so thought I'd share with you all.

AOB was adamant players would earn their jerseys in first grade.

Brodie Jones has been promoted to the starting team on the back of a strong performance you'd assume.

Brodie Jones' last game - 0 runs and 0 metres 🤣

Knight Tales

Juniors
Just seen something on twitter and laughed so thought I'd share with you all.

AOB was adamant players would earn their jerseys in first grade.

Brodie Jones has been promoted to the starting team on the back of a strong performance you'd assume.

Brodie Jones' last game - 0 runs and 0 metres 🤣
His criteria for three years now.

Old dog

Juniors
Hunt must be injured otherwise would play him instead of Sasagi in what is a critical save face game

Nuke

Staff member
You know, I actually discussed this today.. It wouldn't surprise me if we played some expansive footy with Kalyn out, like the pressure is back on the halves to touch the ball more now.

But I think with our position on the ladder and the time of the season, it'll be easier to just give up.
As soon as I heard Ponga was out for the rest of the season, my first thought was that the team will start playing a lot better as a team. Look at our better team performances in 2022. Common factor: No Ponga.

I'm not having a dig at him, by the way. It's just that it appears the game plan with him there is 'give it to Ponga' and see what happens. Without him, it's more structured and everyone tends to play better as a team.

Nuke

Staff member
Don’t we usually stink when we think we’re superior than the opponent?
Yeah, but they also usually turn up and have a dig against teams they're not supposed to beat.
Apart from Round 1 this year, that's really not happened in 2022.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Tex Hoy
18. Simi Sasagi
3. Dane Gagai
4. Enari Tuala
21. Dom Young
6. Anthony Milford
20. Jake Clifford
8. David Klemmer
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Brodie Jones

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Pasami Saulo
17. Mat Croker

23. Krystian Mapapalangi

Still expect Tuala to line up on the wing with Simi playing centre

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Clune is still warming up with the team as usual so seems Clifford is in by choice rather than injury

Latest posts