What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
It would not matter who the coach was this season our roster is sh#t, until you have a majority of your squad that are first grade ready than you are going to struggle.At the moment we have squad members that are past it ,potential first graders, or bludgers that don’t help the few that are having a crack .
Yeah well they’ve had 9 years to sort that out. No sympathy from me.
Make the finals next year or f**k OFF!!!

WA Tiger

Bench
Random thoughts

Another angle ..If you were paying Madge $800k or whatever it is or if your reputation was at stake would u be so forgiving..

I did see your “our attack has improved” M but I think more likely it got worse then better

Sivos foot was on the line

I thought AD hit Sivo with his back rather than his shoulder

Last edited:
Random thoughts

Another angle ..If you were paying Madge $800k or whatever it is or if your reputation was at stake would u be so forgiving..

I did see your “our attack has improved” M but I think more likely it got worse then better

Sivos foot was on the line

I thought AD hit Sivo with his back rather than his shoulder

We were jipped a few times.

Benjis been kicking his whole life and should have been kicking all year when he played.

But the Souths boys still have a half mongrel for Douhie. He’s settling in well and will improve.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
So if we don’t bag Madge we jump to the top 8?

What reason/s should we keep Madge apart from he acts and sounds like a tough guy and he won a premiership 6 years ago ..whats he done to warrant a 3 year extension...Now flip it ...Despite having a “weak team” what are the signature improvements in defence and attack that is obviously a Madge initiative

There has to be something on those lists for him to stay or we are being irresponsible (keeping Madge on) as per usual, and nothing will change..the 12 month extension is for a reason although the words that come to mind are “overly patient” “desperate” and maybe even “played”

(And one for the road..How many blatant dodgy selection decisions have we seen that had that ..”if we just stick with that it will come right” mentality way past it’s logical conclusion

And why didn’t Madge try this team 3 months ago? Maybe he’s not so tough or clever

Rightio smart arse we jump into the top 8 if we get Bellamy do we?

You miss the point completely, players aren’t gonna sign for peanuts. You start with Sheens leaving the club, no coach has lasted more than two years, and the cap has been stuffed ever since, and you’re calling for more of the same. Maguire inherited a team of overpaid underperforming mediocre players which there is no real way out of until 2022, there will be a little relief next year but not much. It’s unfair to judge him on the team he has been stuck with. Because I’m smart and would like to see my team be successful I’d be keeping Madge for 5 years. The football dept, coaches, scouts etc is in the best shape it has been for years, things will happen but the bloke is not Jesus Christ. The club needs a period of stability and building, most coaches at the top of the pile are Bellamy, Bennett or Gould disciples, they all pretty much bring the same set skills to the table.

WA Tiger

Bench
Rightio smart arse we jump into the top 8 if we get Bellamy do we?

You miss the point completely, players aren’t gonna sign for peanuts. You start with Sheens leaving the club, no coach has lasted more than two years, and the cap has been stuffed ever since, and you’re calling for more of the same. Maguire inherited a team of overpaid underperforming mediocre players which there is no real way out of until 2022, there will be a little relief next year but not much. It’s unfair to judge him on the team he has been stuck with. Because I’m smart and would like to see my team be successful I’d be keeping Madge for 5 years. The football dept, coaches, scouts etc is in the best shape it has been for years, things will happen but the bloke is not Jesus Christ. The club needs a period of stability and building, most coaches at the top of the pile are Bellamy, Bennett or Gould disciples, they all pretty much bring the same set skills to the table.
With Bellamy as coach imo we would definitely be top 8
At least
...First He would teach the boys how to tackle both as a team, just as Cleary did effectively when he was at WT and then one on one regardless of the size of the opponent. Then ins-till the discipline required to execute ...unfortunately Madge just has no clue?

..No coach has lasted more than 2 years mainly because they haven't been good enough as man managers and apparently lacking control / discipline of the players and the rest of their coaching skill set, didn’t blow the house down either... With Cleary he was offered another job at a club he previously coached at, knew and preferred....

The problem now is that we have overcompensated for the past by hiring a coach that has extreme discipline but little else except a premiership 6 years ago... and we are riding on that to claw our way out of the mess.The problem is THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE.We were 2 points away from breaking the record for conceding 28 points in 8 consecutive games yesterday.Never been done before.

You declare your smart and now your up to a 5 year extension for Madge ..Im not sure which is more un smart, that one or your prediction to Stryker that we will definitely be top 4 next year. They are both bizarre statements.
At least the top 4 prediction was after a game we played well in

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
With Bellamy as coach imo we would definitely be top 8
At least
...First He would teach the boys how to tackle both as a team, just as Cleary did effectively when he was at WT and then one on one regardless of the size of the opponent. Then ins-till the discipline required to execute ...unfortunately Madge just has no clue?

..No coach has lasted more than 2 years mainly because they haven't been good enough as man managers and apparently lacking control / discipline of the players and the the rest of their coaching skill set didn’t blow the house down either... With Cleary he was offered another job at a club he previously coached at knew and preferred....

The problem now is that we have overcompensated for the past by hiring a coach that has extreme discipline but little else except a premiership 6 years ago... and we are riding on that to claw our way out of the mess.The problem is THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE.We were 2 points away from breaking the record for conceding 26 points in 8 consecutive games yesterday.Never been done before.

You declare your smart and now your up to a 5 year extension for Madge ..Im not sure which is more un smart, that one or your prediction to Stryker that we will definitely be top 4 next year. They are both bizarre statements.
At least the top 4 prediction was after a game we played well in
Didn’t you predict we would definitely come 9th a few weeks ago?

There are too many reasons why this year was a disaster, not all of it is on the coach.

May as well wait to see what happens next year instead of getting your knickers in a knot.

WA Tiger

Bench
We were jipped a few times.

Benjis been kicking his whole life and should have been kicking all year when he played.

But the Souths boys still have a half mongrel for Douhie. He’s settling in well and will improve.
The bunkers thoughts when it took so long checking if Sivo was out ..”ok his foots on the line that’s clear but hang on who’s playing ..WT Hmmm Any drama from them lately after bad calls No ..Any history of protesting after bad decisions No I really don’t want to cause a stink after all the previous stinks ..Parra needs this game more than WT ..My job is safest with the wrong decision...”penalty shoulder charge!!”

Last edited:
Last count -according to another source, there’s about 136 nrl players coming off contract this year, being released.

So far as I can tell, we are showing the door to 13 players with 3 arriving and that’s before we identify the loafers with current contracts who might get tapped on the shoulder next week.

The most sensible proposal seems to be to see which player/s we can buy before we start standing down or off loading players who are contracted.

If it’s a slow year on the park next year, the recruiters will be busy and that will be pretty interesting.

If you can’t buy Marquee, you have to make it. Madge will rely on new assistants etc next year to deliver some of that. It’s been a bit long in coming but it’s arriving now.

Recruiting is pretty complex, but the coach and staff, they need to create and develop the talent too.

Madge has struggled a bit there, but the game is quite different too. He has it in him I think,

A lot of coaches got shot this year, he was never close.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Didn’t you predict we would definitely come 9th a few weeks ago?

There are too many reasons why this year was a disaster, not all of it is on the coach.

May as well wait to see what happens next year instead of getting your knickers in a knot.
My nickers are completely untwisted..Expressing a view that differs from the majority but that I strongly believe in is easy for me not hard...I think Pezz struggles a bit with disagreement. I don’t know why you see disagreement as such a problem. Thats what we’re here for isn't it. Not conforming so we can be liked?

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Last count -according to another source, there’s about 136 nrl players coming off contract this year, being released.

So far as I can tell, we are showing the door to 13 players with 3 arriving and that’s before we identify the loafers with current contracts who might get tapped on the shoulder next week.

The most sensible proposal seems to be to see which player/s we can buy before we start standing down or off loading players who are contracted.

If it’s a slow year on the park next year, the recruiters will be busy and that will be pretty interesting.

If you can’t buy Marquee, you have to make it. Madge will rely on new assistants etc next year to deliver some of that. It’s been a bit long in coming but it’s arriving now.

Recruiting is pretty complex, but the coach and staff, they need to create and develop the talent too.

Madge has struggled a bit there, but the game is quite different too. He has it in him I think,

A lot of coaches got shot this year, he was never close.
What in gods name are you babbling on about?

What in gods name are you babbling on about?

General forum chat. Trying to cheer people up a bit after yet another failed season.

Plus some of the lads are putting shoulder into the forum tackles.

There’s gotta be more to recruitment than jac.

Madge was salivating over Tommy at the press conference, whereas I think he’s had his Esan moments this year.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Maguire inherited a team of overpaid underperforming mediocre players which there is no real way out of until 2022, there will be a little relief next year but not much. It’s unfair to judge him on the team he has been stuck with. Because I’m smart and would like to see my team be successful I’d be keeping Madge for 5 years. The football dept, coaches, scouts etc is in the best shape it has been for years, things will happen but the bloke is not Jesus Christ. The club needs a period of stability and building, most coaches at the top of the pile are Bellamy, Bennett or Gould disciples, they all pretty much bring the same set skills to the table.

I think the big differentiating factor between coaches is the ability to develop a decent roster. I think Madge has made heaps of changes to the team but the reality is that we don't have the cattle to perform at the top level just yet. I also think Madge's signings have been significantly better than Clearys.

I say give him time to turn this team around.

Tiger05

First Grade

Had Madge really struggled. He went after Latrell and Lomax. These guys would have been great for us. He is going after JAC. We've signed Luciano, BJ and Douiehi. BJ has been piss poor but he is a beast when he is on. The other two are quality first graders. We've also signed Stef U and Sean Blore. These are guys that may turn into quality first graders.

I think our recruiting has improved a lot.

I’ve got no doubt we have a list of players we want to slide into the side.

Plus there is a loan system.

We had the bright idea to snatch Harry Grant and that paid dividends. So there’s some talent in recruitment.

Lucy’s been excellent this back end. Found his zone.

Had Madge really struggled. He went after Latrell and Lomax. These guys would have been great for us. He is going after JAC. We've signed Luciano, BJ and Douiehi. BJ has been piss poor but he is a beast when he is on. The other two are quality first graders. We've also signed Stef U and Sean Blore. These are guys that may turn into quality first graders.

I think our recruiting has improved a lot.

The mental resilience he wants to build into the side is taking awhile to emerge. He’s still looking for ways to lift them. He’s a realist, he’d be looking at these things.