What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Warriors @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Twitter says Mbye is going to be named in the centres. Bizarre

The team selections are abysmal. If junior pauga is on a train and trial contract and the season is over then there is no harm in playing him for another 6 games to confirm whether he is up to it. The early signs suggest he is a bit weak in defence but I would not be putting a line through him after 2 games.

On the other side, I am losing faith in Talau but if its him that is going why not give Cini a run?

Moses is not the answer to any of our problems and the constant shuffling does nothing for team confidence.
Pauga is not up to it, he was atrocious last week, he is 25 or 26 years old and played 3 games in the NRL. Should never have been given a run.

simmo05

Bench
The Tigers are the dumbest rugby league side in the NRL by a long way. They are so far down the ladder in terms of football IQ it is stunning. The ways the can find to lose a game is extraordinary. Short dropkicks, two point field goal attempts that just weren’t playing the percentages just plain dumb. I’d be surprised if any of them have moved beyond fingerpainting, there’s no way they’re writing their names
I hope the club sticks by Madge. Sack 80 percent of the team and play the reserve grade team. At least they will try. Lazy mutts

Tiger05

First Grade
Couldn't believe people were expecting a big win here. Surely you've seen this movie before?!

I knew the season was over. I wasn't confident. The warriors were so poor though I thought we had to win that one. The dropouts were some of the dumbest kicks I've seen.

If you are better than the other team you just have to play consistent footy. All you need is a fair possession and good defense and you win the game.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I know Madge means well and is probably a decent guy, he has to go. We have a stream of players with years to go on their contracts we need to get rid of even if it means paying them out, even if it means the end of our club. We don't deserve to be playing in the NRL. We can't possibly sack enough players (sign enough players) for us to even dream of finishing top 10 next year.
Spoon this year? Maybe
Spoon next year?Probably
Anything to be hopeful about in the next 3-5 years? Don't think so.

F0ADA128-B4B3-4D85-81FF-AA27DC36A1B4.jpeg
Don’t see any reason to disturb this sentiment.

No tears, we all know it’s been about 2022 since the fifth round this year.

You don’t start a season like that and expect anything other than hardship.

I can’t watch the other game tonight. Numb.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I know Madge means well and is probably a decent guy, he has to go. We have a stream of players with years to go on their contracts we need to get rid of even if it means paying them out, even if it means the end of our club. We don't deserve to be playing in the NRL. We can't possibly sack enough players (sign enough players) for us to even dream of finishing top 10 next year.
Spoon this year? Maybe
Spoon next year?Probably
Anything to be hopeful about in the next 3-5 years? Don't think so.
I agree. I don’t like changing coaches so much but he has to go.
This is a results based business and his returns are a disgrace. Let’s look at his legacy as a coach here;

Aweful recruitment, especially in the forwards. I don’t think there is one forward in this club who is a genuine starter. They are all benchies at best. It will be a couple more years until the young ones come good.

Our spine are not playing together. There are no combinations between them. There is no general enacting a game plan. They all play for themselves in an ad hoc manner. Three of them have explosive pace off the mark yet are not thriving in the sped up version of the game. None of them can ice a game against good opposition. Dare I say it, but there is more than a bit of downhill skiing amongst them.

Our centres and wingers are mistake riddled and often let in more points than they post. Nofoaluma is the pick of them and on a good day is a 7/10 player. Not a gun. This is another dreadful area of recruitment missteps.

Our attack is muddled and confused. No direction. Tonight they played a team missing almost an entire run on side worth of players and the tactic was 4 x one off hit ups, a half arsed backline spread and a useless kick. Set after seat after set..The Warrior forwards ran in pairs, they threw the ball everywhere, constantly asking questions. With a half decent side they would have posted 50.

The defence was hopeless. Individuals tackled well but as a unit they were ineffective and weak. This is nothing new though as we have been shit defenders right from 2000. No merkin has ever gotten this club to commit to defence. It is baffling that the Wests Tigers don’t fix such an important facet of the game that they are awefuly weak at.

Anyway I could go on but what’s the point? It is only the fans who give a shit. The players and the dead shits who hire, train and prepare them are an embarrassment to the game of Rugby League.

BrotherJim05

Bench
BRILLIANT, Short kick by tiger.s Warriors score.
F M D.
I hate to say it but after following Wests for 60 years it is time to call it quits. I now live within another teams area ( to be un named) and follow them.
Never been so disappointed in all my years as a rugby league fan as I am now,

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm over Tigers and want to support the team in the area I live now. I honestly don't know how to do this though, feels weird trying to support another team

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
I actually hope Douehi asks for and gets granted a release in the off-season. I really like the guy and see him as a future captain, but he deserves better than this shit.

stryker

First Grade
I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm over Tigers and want to support the team in the area I live now. I honestly don't know how to do this though, feels weird trying to support another team
I wouldn’t feel too bad.
I doubt this joint will be around much longer.
Ive missed a couple of Tigers games this year and watched later on replay.
I haven’t missed one Melbourne game live though.
I will probably end up dropping my support and membership for this club and just become an NRL nomad…no disappointment when you don’t care who wins, just enjoy the games.

Tigerm

First Grade
I wouldn’t feel too bad.
I doubt this joint will be around much longer.
Ive missed a couple of Tigers games this year and watched later on replay.
I haven’t missed one Melbourne game live though.
I will probably end up dropping my support and membership for this club and just become an NRL nomad…no disappointment when you don’t care who wins, just enjoy the games.
They will still be here long after we have all gone.

But I thought you said some time ago, you no longer had any interest in the club? But here you are.