What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Warriors @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
They will still be here long after we have all gone.

But I thought you said some time ago, you no longer had any interest in the club? But here you are.
I’m still a member pal.
Im going to stomp the spastic out of them until I see useless pretenders in the playing and coaching ranks disappear.

gordsy

Juniors
Well I reckon that's the end of Madge. Don't be suprised to see Shines be ushered in as coach over the off season. Cue stories of him stepping up, having tigers dna in his blood, a return to the glory days of 05 being on the cards etc etc. You may also hear and read a stack of articles about Sheens coming back to help his old mates,, bringing back the attacking days etc etc. It's hard to believe that the players respect each other or Madge with the dog shit they keep producing on the field.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Well I reckon that's the end of Madge. Don't be suprised to see Shines be ushered in as coach over the off season. Cue stories of him stepping up, having tigers dna in his blood, a return to the glory days of 05 being on the cards etc etc. You may also hear and read a stack of articles about Sheens coming back to help his old mates,, bringing back the attacking days etc etc. I know much the players don't respect each other or Madge with the dog shit they keep producing on the field.
If Sheens ends up head coach here, lock us in for the spoon for the next couple of years.
He has already screwed this place once, I can’t believe they dug him up for another go.

If Sheens ends up head coach here, lock us in for the spoon for the next couple of years.
He has already screwed this place once, I can’t believe they dug him up for another go.
Says the bloke who bitches at Madge at every opportunity!

Hypocrite be thy name young scrotus.

Fordy20

Juniors
How we were favourites in 2012 was beyond me. We Bradburied our way into the finals in 2011 and we started off 2012 with a worse roster.

I said last week or the week before we were not going anywhere near the finals this year and the optimistic expectations however well-intended were yet another set up for future mourning.

We can find comfort in the fact that sheens is coming back to help, recruitment is looking good and Madge has no other option but to review and amend his coaching approaches.

Madge needs assistance, but in his defence, there’s simply no way the players are implementing what is being sought from them.

The disjuncture and communication breakdown, look at it, it’s been apparent since Round 1.

We should not have another killer pre season, it didn’t work. Madge has to adjust.

Then I’m afraid, we should cut ties with players, but the best policy, is to find a replacement first. Otherwise you end up with a sgi Vaughn situation. A competent player gone with no satisfactory substitute, notwithstanding his silly ways.

I was looking at players I would keep -no matter what -and I’m only up to 33% of the current First Grade Squad and a couple of those are troublesome. Madge’s list is probably shorter.

But no slash and burn without insurance of more able replacements.

For all those pissing on the club, that’s a mostly lazy, boring and destructive outlook. We all know where we are, try to offer solutions.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
2011 wasn’t that bad, we did finish top 4. 2012 though, well, we went into the season without a halfback lol
That's true. I just remember seeing Benji score that try off a "kick" in the final against the Dragons and thinking myself we really don't deserve to be here. Quite a different feeling from the year before.

Even in 2009, I felt we looked likely until the Shannon Gallant had his leg broken in the game against the Roosters and Sheens stubbornly put the junior kangaroos halfback back in the #1 jersey.

If Moltzen had been given three years in the #7, we wouldn't have gone into the 2012 season without a halfback. It's been over 10 years and to this day, I still f**king hate Sheens for that decision.

stryker

First Grade
I said last week or the week before we were not going anywhere near the finals this year and the optimistic expectations however well-intended were yet another set up for future mourning.

We can find comfort in the fact that sheens is coming back to help, recruitment is looking good and Madge has no other option but to review and amend his coaching approaches.

Madge needs assistance, but in his defence, there’s simply no way the players are implementing what is being sought from them.

The disjuncture and communication breakdown, look at it, it’s been apparent since Round 1.

We should not have another killer pre season, it didn’t work. Madge has to adjust.

Then I’m afraid, we should cut ties with players, but the best policy, is to find a replacement first. Otherwise you end up with a sgi Vaughn situation. A competent player gone with no satisfactory substitute, notwithstanding his silly ways.

I was looking at players I would keep -no matter what -and I’m only up to 33% of the current First Grade Squad and a couple of those are troublesome. Madge’s list is probably shorter.

But no slash and burn without insurance of more able replacements.

For all those pissing on the club, that’s a mostly lazy, boring and destructive outlook. We all know where we are, try to offer solutions.

When players are not hitting kpi’s they should be relegated to reggies. Special attention should be focused to defence. Those who continually let us down should not play first grade.

This team should have made the semis - they had a simple run home. Additionally, there are only 5 good teams in this comp. Three shit sides will play finals footy this year, we won’t be one of them as we are not good enough.

Our recruitment is aweful. Hartigan should be on notice. He is a dud. We miss everyone who comes onto the market except players no one else goes for.
Our coaching is aweful. Madge should go and so should some of his assistants. They have failed to fix any of our deficiencies. Whether it’s their lack of talent or the fact the players won’t listen, the failure remains.

As for destructive behaviour from fans, remaining sycophantic to the club’s decisions empowers them to maintain the status quo. The Wests Tigers club exists to make up the numbers. It’s all about Ashfield and not competition glory. As a football club, we are an embarrassment and if you don’t call them out then your care factor is too low.

stryker

First Grade
People have us as firm favourites every year, who knows what will happen?
Unless Brisbane do not lift, we will be justified favourites. Remember they signed Reynolds and Capewell. We have signed an NRL reject and someone no one had heard of before we signed him - both playing in England. The Doggies are building a side that will push the top 8.

When players are not hitting kpi’s they should be relegated to reggies. Special attention should be focused to defence. Those who continually let us down should not play first grade.

This team should have made the semis - they had a simple run home. Additionally, there are only 5 good teams in this comp. Three shit sides will play finals footy this year, we won’t be one of them as we are not good enough.

Our recruitment is aweful. Hartigan should be on notice. He is a dud. We miss everyone who comes onto the market except players no one else goes for.
Our coaching is aweful. Madge should go and so should some of his assistants. They have failed to fix any of our deficiencies. Whether it’s their lack of talent or the fact the players won’t listen, the failure remains.

As for destructive behaviour from fans, remaining sycophantic to the club’s decisions empowers them to maintain the status quo. The Wests Tigers club exists to make up the numbers. It’s all about Ashfield and not competition glory. As a football club, we are an embarrassment and if you don’t call them out then your care factor is too low.

Most of this was just venting nonsense I suppose you tried to be constructive, but the miserableness addiction that afflicts you was too powerful.

Your premise is that the club is pleased with or somehow indifferent to the concern of fans and members, that somehow it’s all on purpose and part of a grand conspiracy. Quite frankly, that’s just bizarre and ridiculous. No serious fan could genuinely entertain such insipid flights of fancy.

I’ll tell you what, you nominate a new coach, recruitment guy and players you think we should shaft ASAP and recruit and let’s head back into civilised territory.

I’ll publish my list and we might find some common ground.

Last edited:
Unless Brisbane do not lift, we will be justified favourites. Remember they signed Reynolds and Capewell. We have signed an NRL reject and someone no one had heard of before we signed him - both playing in England. The Doggies are building a side that will push the top 8.
Ahem, Hasting was about the best player in esl before the co vid hit. Gildart not far behind. Valued Forum members can do their own research on this matter.