What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s pretty bloody obvious isn’t it old time...05 is so knowledgeable in every area except on Brooke’s ..I just don’t get it

I think he has been great this season and he looked our most likely player for a lot of the game. I do get the criticism that he doesn't perform in the big moments in games like that. That try Benji put on at the end nearly redeemed those poor plays that he made. Brooks to me was better though. Brooks just didn't win the game for us and he was much worse in the second half as well as not coming up with a big play at the end and we lost the game. I think he gets judged too harshly.

On the positives Matterson appears to be a star player and even better in the middle than on the edge. He gets more involved and really gets us going forward.

WA Tiger

Bench
Give Benji a break he had to try stuff he may not usually ...His mate went down he was all alone ...He did alright considering

Das Hassler

Bench
It's the coaches fault. Robbie can say whatever he wants. He isn't the boss. Same as Mbye. 4 forwards has it's downside doesn't it. That was an issue. There were other problems as well but I think as a team we just lost it out there.

I'm not blaming Farah ..it's understandable...prior to his retirement announcement he shared the 9 with Liddle..since the announcement he's played 80 mins even though he can hardly bend. .just as Madge let him to go to England to watch liverpool i believe he's accomodated him here and has come to regret it
BA has shown no such sentiment towards mannah

Das Hassler

Bench
I believe the real danger in playing the dogs is that we ( as a club. .and i believe most supporters) dont really have a rivalry with them nor any animosity towards them...the Woods/ Reynolds / Mbye transfers were drama free plus add Benji"s brother to the mix ....The Tiges will just have to want it more...execute well and play the 80. Nothing to get revved up over apart from just wanting and needing to win. Unfortunstely that's (mostly) never been quite enough...hope it is tonight

And i quote..Dogs have become a class outfit...the sportsmanship they showed to Momorowski was a credit to their club

gordsy

Juniors
Brooks haters need a wake up call. There are NO good halfbacks in 2018 and 2019. Not week in week out anyway. Brooks is our best player by a country mile. Any tigers supporter who wants Brooks gone I encourage you to watch all other games one weekend and concentrate on other teams number 7's. They all suck. Brooks is top 5 in a 16 man comp. I'll take that. Yesterday DCE single handedly cost manly the game and Chad Townsend likewise against Penrith.

There were 2 disgraces tonight. 1...benji.

2. MaGUIRE.
now I like Madge, but not having our best 9 play in Liddle, and making Mbye play busted lasting 5 minutes is a disgrace. He has a history of making inured players play on busted. Psycho needs to wake up.

Benji is rocks and diamonds, always has been always will be but at least he tries. With the game and our season on the line where was our so called, elite no,7 , doing stupid turn the ball back on the inside passes that everyone knows are coming. But who took the ball to the line, took a chance,called for the ball and set up the last try for us, Benji did. For all the talk about it being brooks's team, daly m halfback last year blah blah blah, when the pressure is on and we need someone to step up, Brooks is the cowardly lion of the team. Don't get me wrong he can be good, just not under pressure or when the chips are down. A bit like Moses really.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
I don't give a flying f**k what anyone says. We need a goalkicker. Not someone who can kick goals, or someone improving as a goal kicker, or someone who is 90% at training but just needs to improve etc etc

f**k off

We need a mother f**king goalkicker. Someone who kicks goals at 80% or more at Nrl level.

Shut the f**k up and get a f**king goalkicker I'm seriously over this shit

Martin kicked 11/11 last night in the ESL just saying...

Perth Tiger

Bench
i can't forgive myself for starting to believe .
You will eventually learn with age ;)

We will more than likely win 2 of the next 3 and have a win and in deal for the final round. Which we will then Proceed to blow with so stupid ill disciplined play

WA Tiger

Bench
1 we lost our Hooker ..2 We lost our goal kicker 3 We lost our go forward prop 4Lost our actual Captain 4 We lost our halfback once the pressure built haha..5 We lost the spiritual leader in Farrah .6 We lost our centre ..Tough to get a win last night even with a full compliment...so have a cry then back on the horse..We not out of it yet We on 28 points that’s been enough in the past

Last edited:

cerberus

Coach
You will eventually learn with age ;)

We will more than likely win 2 of the next 3 and have a win and in deal for the final round. Which we will then Proceed to blow with so stupid ill disciplined play
im old now . im simply getting senile and forgetting past debacles
manly will towel us by 54 points next week

super_coach

First Grade
I said at the start of the season, that lack of a goal kicker and lack of speed will bite us big time. We had bugger all luck against the Dogs but really we got what we deserved. I just hope they don’t drop their bundle now and clock off for the season

stryker

First Grade
Benji is rocks and diamonds, aslways has been always will be but at least he tries. With the game and our season on the line where was our so called great , elite no,7 , doing stupid turn the ball back on the inside passes that everyone knows are coming. But who took the ball to the line, took a chance and called for the ball and set up the last try for us, Benji did. For all the talk about it being brooks team, daly m halfback last year blah blah blah, when the pressure is on and we need someone to step up, Brooks is the cowardly lion of the team. Don't get me wrong he can be good just not under pressure or when the chips are down. A bit like Moses really.
100%..Ive been saying it for years. Brooks is not a star. He is a foil. Unfortunately we dont have a star for him to be a foil to.

Tiger Ted

Bench
100%..Ive been saying it for years. Brooks is not a star. He is a foil. Unfortunately we dont have a star for him to be a foil to.
I laugh hysterically when Brooks is described as elite by some fans.He hasn’t nor ever will possess the game awareness & savvy decision making ability to ever b considered an elite player.U have buckleys of winning a premiership if u grant the responsibility of “owning the team” to an unintelligent half.

Going forward we need an intelligent half so Brooks can concentrate on perfecting his running game which is innately where his strength lies.