What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Wests Tigers @ Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah

Who will win? Round 21: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
You beauty!!!!
I didn’t get to see much as I’m at work.
I missed the 10mins where they scored both tries.
Happy to get a win. Hope it doesn’t gloss over everything that needs a tonne of work.

Nuke

Staff member
We won. Definitely happy, but it feels like another frustrating loss, the way that 2nd half played out.

Devoted Christian wife giving me death stares from the kitchen for all the swearing I was doing at the tv. Hope the 2 points was worth it for the eternity in hell I'm now condemned to for taking the lord's name in vain so many times this afternoon...

But a win's a win. Up the Knights!

Yosh

Coach
Glad we got the 2 points but did we really win that game or did the Tigers lose it? Definitely many positives. Best games from the Saifitis, Gagai, Tuala, Pastrami and some others.

Glad we got the 2 points but did we really win that game or did the Tigers lose it? Definitely many positives. Best games from the Saifitis, Gagai, Tuala, Pastrami and some others.
Tigers just didn't show up at all until the last 15-20 minutes. Hard to think of a worse opposition. Some of their one-on-one defence was Knights like. Idk if this win will do more harm than good if I'm honest. I just want AOB gone so we can start over. I feel like "wins" like this are just band-aids on gunshot wounds tbh.

Ugh...I sound so cynical. Or maybe I'm a just realist.

Frederick

Staff member
tape.gif

O'Brien didn't say much in the presser except that he was proud of the resilience, especially last few minutes of both halves, and that Klem would be back next week.
Re Klem O'Brien put in a statement as part of the process and he said he has been in that situation with players not wanting to come up before.
I reckon it was all blown out of proportion.

mozza91

Coach
Tigers just didn't show up at all until the last 15-20 minutes. Hard to think of a worse opposition. Some of their one-on-one defence was Knights like. Idk if this win will do more harm than good if I'm honest. I just want AOB gone so we can start over. I feel like "wins" like this are just band-aids on gunshot wounds tbh.

Ugh...I sound so cynical. Or maybe I'm a just realist.
No you’re very cynical don’t sell yourself short.

No you’re very cynical don’t sell yourself short.
I'm harsh for sure but I'm realistic without question. Not sure what good this win does especially considering some of our better performers today are leaving the club soon and the performance overall was mostly poor against woeful opposition. Buys AOB time he doesn't deserve and takes the media spotlight off the club. I think it's good when elements of the club are exposed for what they are. It's the only way to improve.

Forgive me for expecting a lot better.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Matt Croker has went from promising to pretty ordinary towards the back end of the year. His work rate hasn't been good enough.

Ideally I think we should be aiming for better than him on the bench next year.

mozza91

Coach
I'm harsh for sure but I'm realistic without question. Not sure what good this win does especially considering some of our better performers today are leaving the club soon and the performance overall was mostly poor against woeful opposition. Buys AOB time he doesn't deserve and takes the media spotlight off the club. I think it's good when elements of the club are exposed for what they are. It's the only way to improve.

Forgive me for expecting a lot better.
Did you expect better though? I expected them to fall apart and cop a hammering.

They had a crack and got the 2 points. It was ugly and they very nearly let it slip but they had a go at least, which sadly was more than I expected after such a shit week.