What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Cronulla @ Venue TBC

Who will win? Round 22: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
One of our worst halves of footy this year, the only thing saving our blushes is the sharks have been just as bad.
I honestly want to know who's in charge of the attack because it's been god awful for a long time now, Ponga has barely touched the ball, halves are running sideways and eliminating the space for the outside backs, nothing out of dummy half, no ball playing between the forwards.

Seage

Juniors
Anyone have any confidence AOB can gather the troops in the shed and inspire them or come up with a tactically astute adjustment to win the game? Me either.

Let's try 5 one out hit ups and a bad kick and see if we can get back in it.

perverse

Referee
Well, I guess I finally have an answer on what we did at training this week. We definitely practiced getting the ball to Barnett. Outside of that, still unsure.

perverse

Referee
Anyone have any confidence AOB can gather the troops in the shed and inspire them or come up with a tactically astute adjustment to win the game? Me either.

Let's try 5 one out hit ups and a bad kick and see if we can get back in it.
He can't seem to come up with anything tactically astute, ever. He's not likely to strike gold in a single half of football.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Terrible half. We had chances but weren’t patient, kept trying to push passes.
2nd half needs to be 100% better.

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't understand why we treat our left edge forward like prime SBW and never try and get friz one on one with anyone
The thing that's even more baffling is we've gone left more often than not but Ponga has been positioned on the right more often than not.
I honestly think we're one of the worst sides in terms of adjusting to the new rules, there's like zero emphasis on getting quick PTB

perverse

Referee
The thing that's even more baffling is we've gone left more often than not but Ponga has been positioned on the right more often than not.
I honestly think we're one of the worst sides in terms of adjusting to the new rules, there's like zero emphasis on getting quick PTB
Yeah, put Ponga on the right where he has the attacking prowess of Kurt Mann to work with. Dumb de dumb dumb dumb.

Not to take the heat off Ponga though, either. He's not been good this week and last.

K-Man

Bench
Can you consistently question any other club's mental application and ability to produce a professional performance, especially in games we start as favourites, as much as the Knights? All the former greats seem to mention it all the time about us: "They just haven't turned up", "Something's now right", "They keep doing the same thing but it's not working", "The Knights don't have a winning culture". The list goes on.

There are poor teams without enough talented players to be competitive, like the Bulldogs, but this Knights team should be putting away this Sharks team. I hate how predictable it is that we'll bottle it.

Jono078

Referee
Also, how many 6 again calls are we not getting when we get held down.
Sometimes I wonder if refs have said a hard no on giving 6-agains when Ponga gets tackled. Sometimes he milks them but sometimes they're legit 6 agains IMO.

AOB has to be telling them this second half is our season - but he also needs to give tactical direction of playing simple. I think us playing a bit more simple and not so frantic will pay off for us in this one (sorry, reading that again and it really comes across as Anasta like wisdom).

Yosh

Coach
Man I wanna win today. Sharks being very dirty and we aren't getting the calls.

We need to shut down their offloads and we need to start offloading ourselves.

Need more from Clifford today. Ponga needs to get the ball in his hands at least 2-3 times a set when we are down. He is our marquee player. I don't even want quality right now. Just up the quantity please.