What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Cronulla @ Venue TBC

Who will win? Round 22: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Call me a big dumb biased fan..... But I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say that it's only like their 2nd or 3rd game as a complete spine

Also, I think the 10 day turnaround did more harm than good
It's probably a factor - but we're out of time to make it work. I think we're allowed to be pleased with the fact that we're not meekly limping into the finals this year (psychologically). We do look like we want to be there. We're about 100000/1 odds to do a damn thing with it, but I do see a bit of desire in the team at the moment. There's some desperation there. I'm as frustrated as anyone with them during the game... some of the shit we do is embarrassing as hell. However, the fact that they do keep digging their heels in and refusing to let games slip at the moment is a positive step forward for us.

The Sharks would have happily taken that game off us had we let them. They were there for it and they wanted it. We kept turning up.

perverse

Referee
Also though klem was our best prop today.

The safs bludged their way through 60 minutes and 2 good runs doesn't make it up
We played sideways in the first half, too. Far more direct in the second half. Agree on Klem though, he was the pick of the middles.

Jono078

Referee
Also, I think the 10 day turnaround did more harm than good
Not having a go at you and not even really disagreeing with you, but we can't keep having these excuses.

The game against the Broncos was bad because it was on 4 days notice. Today we weren't great because we had too long to prepare.

Good teams get their work done in the off season and get on with the job during the season. We need to have this mindset.

Apey

Staff member
Tbh we got a few lucky calls on dropped balls/strips. Both teams were shit though.

Zoidberg

First Grade
It’s a win at least.
We definitely struggle with teams who beat us in the play the ball area.

perverse

Referee
I thought Cronulla were really good actually. Used the ball well and defended strongly.
Yeah I don't get where this constant need for us to talk down the opposition comes from tbh. The Sharks came at us today. They weren't Melbourne or Panthers clinical or anything, but as far as the teams outside the top 4 or 5 go, the Sharks would have beaten most today. They were up for it and threw themselves at us hard physically. They smashed us in the ruck especially.

We should think back to some of our games from a few months ago. Now that's some legitimately horrible football. Never in it, can't execute even the most basic passes, horribly uncompetitive and no will to win whatsoever. Kurt Mann touching the ball 30 or 40 more times than you'd like in a match. Tex Hoy. Truly the stuff of nightmares. I get the frustration of finally having most of our troops back and looking so clunky, and I share it, but geez at least we're in there fighting. I'll take ugly wins over 40 point drubbings any day of the week.

slotmachine

First Grade
Tbh we got a few lucky calls on dropped balls/strips. Both teams were shit though.

In the end I think it was about 50/50 on the calls.

I thought the Sharks wanted it more for the majority of the contest though, they will be disappointed to lose.

perverse

Referee
Ok if u think so. The better team lost and u know it. U donr have to be such a f**kwit about it. I did say congrats
Mate, you've stormed into an opposition forum swinging your little dick around, telling them they didn't deserve the win. What kind of response do you expect exactly? The congrats on the front of your post is, at best, a backhanded setup to vent your own frustration.

Long story short...

b7bbd605bd8c60831e8f119d3436eb46.gif

Knight76

Juniors
Ok if u think so. The better team lost and u know it. U donr have to be such a f**kwit about it. I did say congrats

Still a bit raw eh.

Yeah, you did, then went on to run out some rubbish salty crap about the game being gifted to us, yet fail to say how?

The fact is, Cronulla did play better, had their chances to wrap up the game and failed to get the job done. We held in there and gritted out a win.

Enjoy the off season and not playing finals.

roboshark

Coach
Mate, you've stormed into an opposition forum swinging your little dick around, telling them they didn't deserve the win. What kind of response do you expect exactly? The congrats on the front of your post is, at best, a backhanded setup to vent your own frustration.

Long story short...

b7bbd605bd8c60831e8f119d3436eb46.gif
Ok if u say so

roboshark

Coach
Still a bit raw eh.

Yeah, you did, then went on to run out some rubbish salty crap about the game being gifted to us, yet fail to say how?

The fact is, Cronulla did play better, had their chances to wrap up the game and failed to get the job done. We held in there and gritted out a win.

Enjoy the off season and not playing finals.
You as well

aqua_duck

Coach
In the end I think it was about 50/50 on the calls.

I thought the Sharks wanted it more for the majority of the contest though, they will be disappointed to lose.
They definitely won the ruck, what killed them was basic errors in the 2nd half. I think Blayke Brailey was very good for them and I can see why sharks were happy to let Jayden go.

Latest posts