What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 22: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Just on Matterson. Compare his reaction to smacking a bloke in the head to Harawira-Naera's. Speaks volumes of his character.
Yep. And as someone else pointed out, Catterson has promoted himself as a crusader when it comes to concussion & how it's managed. Then recklessly shoulders a fellow player in the head.

stryker

First Grade
Just on Matterson. Compare his reaction to smacking a bloke in the head to Harawira-Naera's. Speaks volumes of his character.
I saw the same thing.
CHN was visibly upset he performed that tackle and apologised immediately and earnestly.
Matterson ran back into his line gesturing to team mates that he got him in the head and ignored the player who was severely knocked out and lying on the ground.
Two poor tackles performed by a decent bloke and a feral piece of garbage.

MasterTiger

Juniors
That is an interesting take. The problem I have with it is that you have to win the forward battle. I can see Hastings getting run over the top off and I don't think he is the guy to hit it up the middle.
Weight and Height Fact Check:

Conner Watson - Ball Playing/ Creative/Running Lock Forward - Height 5 Foot 8 / Weight 89kg
Jackson Hastings - Currently playing in halves/Fullback - Height 6 Foot / Weight 95kg

We have lacked or had no creativity in our pack all year. Especially in front of the line. Hastings is big enough and can handle playing lock. He is aggressive and tough. I will be stunned if he doesn't start at lock at the start of the season.

Das Hassler

Bench
Jackson Hastings - Currently playing in halves/Fullback - Height 6 Foot / Weight 95kg

We have lacked or had no creativity in our pack all year. Especially in front of the line. Hastings is big enough and can handle playing lock. He is aggressive and tough. I will be stunned if he doesn't start at lock at the start of the season.

Victor Radley wouldnt even be that big would he?. ...could even throw Wayne Pierce and Kevin Hardwick in for comparison

Tiger05

First Grade
Weight and Height Fact Check:

Conner Watson - Ball Playing/ Creative/Running Lock Forward - Height 5 Foot 8 / Weight 89kg

I can't see it working. Watson is good coming on as an interchange player and busting them up the middle. He is pretty quick and catches players out when they are tiring. Some players like Radley are really tough and can hit hard. I haven't seen Hastings do that.

I'm cool with Hastings working out at lock though. Winning games to me is all that counts.

Latest posts