What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Canterbury @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Canterbury v Newcastle

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Their attack is basically ours without Ponga and Best, and maybe Pearce.

The next lowest team points wise in the top 8 is 133 ahead of us 😂
Yeah it's downright awful.

I can certainly imagine us losing... but even the most hardened cynic in me still thinks it's more likely Ponga will just carve them up. He's due a big game, and loves a flat track against shit opposition. He'll probably score 2 or 3 wearing a dinner suit. The moves we do that look telegraphed against switched on, well trained defences will come off against the Dogs.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah it's downright awful.

I can certainly imagine us losing... but even the most hardened cynic in me still thinks it's more likely Ponga will just carve them up. He's due a big game, and loves a flat track against shit opposition. He'll probably score 2 or 3 wearing a dinner suit. The moves we do that look telegraphed against switched on, well trained defences will come off against the Dogs.
Biggest concern is the Dogs have the best completion rate in the comp. We're a team that loves to give teams chance after chance to score against us. Still, the Dogs are so bad that we can afford to give them a few.

aqua_duck

Coach
Biggest concern is the Dogs have the best completion rate in the comp. We're a team that loves to give teams chance after chance to score against us. Still, the Dogs are so bad that we can afford to give them a few.
Whilst the dogs aren't a good team overall I think this could be a tougher game than people expect. The dogs are one of those teams that will give up a lot of points if you can break their resistance early on with a few quick tries however we haven't shown the ability to really just blow teams off the park. If you watch the south's game, roosters game and the 2nd Panthers game the dogs showed a real ability to really frustrate those teams and make it a contest

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Whilst the dogs aren't a good team overall I think this could be a tougher game than people expect. The dogs are one of those teams that will give up a lot of points if you can break their resistance early on with a few quick tries however we haven't shown the ability to really just blow teams off the park. If you watch the south's game, roosters game and the 2nd Panthers game the dogs showed a real ability to really frustrate those teams and make it a contest
The dogs have a habit of turning up and having a red hot go at us so it won’t be easy. But I think we have more to play for and a few more weapons so I’ll go with us by 10 due to those factors.

Jono078

Referee
I just have an awful feeling about this game after todays news.

If the Dogs get over us I’m putting it down to todays news.

The other side of the brain is saying it all clicks for us and we destroy them.

perverse

Referee
I just have an awful feeling about this game after todays news.

If the Dogs get over us I’m putting it down to todays news.

The other side of the brain is saying it all clicks for us and we destroy them.
Hard to imagine it won't effect the match at all. Could go either way.

Yosh

Coach
I reckon this will be similar to the game against the Cowboys. Us by about 40.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I really don’t understand how they could go in thinking it’s an easy win based off some of our performances and losses this year.

Old dog

Juniors
It’s a matter of IF they want to play Semi‘s etc then they need to go out and win this game big time.
Surely it is every footballers aim to achieve that and higher so no need for the big talk.
A win against the Dogs virtually guarantees a semi spot and another win will likely get 7th spot, it’s a no brainer to put in the effort

Jono078

Referee
It’s a matter of IF they want to play Semi‘s etc then they need to go out and win this game big time.
Surely it is every footballers aim to achieve that and higher so no need for the big talk.
A win against the Dogs virtually guarantees a semi spot and another win will likely get 7th spot, it’s a no brainer to put in the effort
But this is the Knights, if there's an excuse on offer we'll take it!

This week is about leadership and we'll need someone to take the team by the horns and lead the way and demand they perform.

The person I'm looking at is Pearce, he needs to be so on this weekend and get the group behind him.

Yosh

Coach
Have a ws the weather down there in Queensland? It's typhooning here in Korea.

Jono078

Referee
I can't tell you how excited I am to see which team gets off the bus today.

We've had quite the bit of negative press around us this week, the only way to make that go away is to make a statement today.

Anything less and then these questions of our club will persist and be validated, with the potential to derail this season.