What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Wests Tigers @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seage

Juniors
Good on Joey. I like that he still cares enough to tee off.

Troy Pezet was a cod ordinary first grader and Ive no idea how someone who should be irrelevant has any sort of role.

Frederick

Staff member
Good on Joey. I like that he still cares enough to tee off.

Troy Pezet was a cod ordinary first grader and Ive no idea how someone who should be irrelevant has any sort of role.
How they performed as a player is irrelevant to their post footy careers. Trent Robinson only played 4 first grade games, yet is one of the best coaches in the game

Bartwah

Juniors
No way does the crap go down like it has if Moons was still in charge. This Pezet bloke sounds like nothing but trouble. Gardner claims that the fans are the most important part of the club, but none of this would’ve transpired the way it has if there isn’t his own self interest (financially) at the forefront. Hopefully O’Brien brings in another recruitment manager.

perverse

Referee
Think we might be over blowing the Pezet thing in a search for a scape goat. He was doing Gardiner’s bidding.
It's pretty fascinating to me that no-one is pointing the finger at Wests (and this has been an ongoing trend all year). They've bungled this deluxe, no matter what your conspiracy flavour is at the moment.

Spot On

Coach
No one gives a hoot except A Johns seemingly.

Yet his brother said the complete opposite and congratulated Wests.

There aren't many times when a coach is sacked that the timing or process is wonderful and perfect for everyone concerned.

Knight Vision

First Grade
How they performed as a player is irrelevant to their post footy careers. Trent Robinson only played 4 first grade games, yet is one of the best coaches in the game
To be fair I could coach his team to a Premiership.Have a look at the line-up. Spot On could coach them to a top 4 berth. No doubt.

aqua_duck

Coach
To be fair I could coach his team to a Premiership.Have a look at the line-up. Spot On could coach them to a top 4 berth. No doubt.
I think we've learnt better than most that having a good team on paper is only half the battle, the thing with Robbo is how well he's developed the young players and how consistent he's got the team playing. How many of their current side were as good as they are now before they joined the roosters? Probably Cronk, Morris and Angus Crichton?
Look at the job he's done developing the youngsters, credit where it's due whilst he got given some good materials he's built the house.
What is more frustrating is he could've been coaching us if we didn't shaft Smith

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think we've learnt better than most that having a good team on paper is only half the battle, the thing with Robbo is how well he's developed the young players and how consistent he's got the team playing. How many of their current side were as good as they are now before they joined the roosters? Probably Cronk, Morris and Angus Crichton?
Look at the job he's done developing the youngsters, credit where it's due whilst he got given some good materials he's built the house.
What is more frustrating is he could've been coaching us if we didn't shaft Smith
The "Head Coach" title should be considered a "Manager". Head coaches dont coach anymore, they havent for a long time, its the support staff that do that. I'm sure Robbo isnt down at the junior teams teaching them anything. The bigger the clubs purse the more support staff and quality the "head coach" has at his disposal.

It would be a clusterf**k of monumental proportions that couldnt steer the Roosters team into the top 4. The line up is nothing short of unbelievable.

aqua_duck

Coach
The "Head Coach" title should be considered a "Manager". Head coaches dont coach anymore, they havent for a long time, its the support staff that do that. I'm sure Robbo isnt down at the junior teams teaching them anything. The bigger the clubs purse the more support staff and quality the "head coach" has at his disposal.

It would be a clusterf**k of monumental proportions that couldnt steer the Roosters team into the top 4. The line up is nothing short of unbelievable.
Of course he's not coaching junior teams, that's not what I'm suggesting at all, I was referring to how well he's brought the young players into the team and incorporated them into the structure and game plan