What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs South Sydney @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 24: Wests Tigers v South Sydney

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJDL

First Grade
Well done Tigers!

Man that was hard to watch the last 15 minutes or so.
Wighton threw a thousand forward passes last night.
Thank god they finally called one (even if someone else threw it).

Ordinarily I'd have a hard time cheering for the Donkeys and the Dargons, but I'll be making an exception of the next couple of weeks.
The Eels lose both of those and it sets it up nicely for Rd 27.

Anyway, it's all going to plan.
Fingers crossed.

Well a win's a win but there's nothing there to get excited about. Souths lost that game just as much as we won it.

We had enough possession on their line to score 5 more tries. We looked so ordinary in attack for most of the game. Our defence is softer than a nerf ball. Souths were making so many easy metres out of their own end, and there was not a set all game in which we did not miss a tackle. Sometimes multiple misses in the same set. Luckily for us they shot themselves in the foot when they got into try scoring situations. Our attacking sets, coming out of trouble, and by comparison, barely made 35 metres on average.

Our goal line defence was fairly good though so hats off there. Sezer made a couple of try saving one on one tackles on big guys. That tackle LL made was fantastic. Has Sezer been charged with the crusher tackle? If so, that will probably be his season.

One person I want to single out was Klemmer. There was a Souths turnover on our line about half way through the second half. He's grabbed the ball so he could play the ball and let Faataape take the hit up. Did not take a hit up for the rest of the set. He should be chafing at the bit to take a hard hit up and help the team. This is everything wrong with the forward pack.

Api has gotten into a bad habit of taking a step back before passing out of dummy half. I'm not sure if this is because he's not seeing what he wants out the team as far as shape or lead runners goes, but it's allowing the defence to get right in our faces. His service has been pretty poor lately and it's getting worse.

For mine, Galvin has been the only positive the entire season, and the possibility of what things might look next year with Luai coming over. Aside from that, and even though we've somehow won more games, I think most of the team has gone backwards. We're saddled with a coach who probably won't make it, and we have 3 more years of him left. Unless we do what we always do and sack him at some stage next year and cop the payout yet again.

Pezz70

Juniors
Well a win's a win but there's nothing there to get excited about. Souths lost that game just as much as we won it.

We had enough possession on their line to score 5 more tries. We looked so ordinary in attack for most of the game. Our defence is softer than a nerf ball. Souths were making so many easy metres out of their own end, and there was not a set all game in which we did not miss a tackle. Sometimes multiple misses in the same set. Luckily for us they shot themselves in the foot when they got into try scoring situations. Our attacking sets, coming out of trouble, and by comparison, barely made 35 metres on average.

Our goal line defence was fairly good though so hats off there. Sezer made a couple of try saving one on one tackles on big guys. That tackle LL made was fantastic. Has Sezer been charged with the crusher tackle? If so, that will probably be his season.

One person I want to single out was Klemmer. There was a Souths turnover on our line about half way through the second half. He's grabbed the ball so he could play the ball and let Faataape take the hit up. Did not take a hit up for the rest of the set. He should be chafing at the bit to take a hard hit up and help the team. This is everything wrong with the forward pack.

Api has gotten into a bad habit of taking a step back before passing out of dummy half. I'm not sure if this is because he's not seeing what he wants out the team as far as shape or lead runners goes, but it's allowing the defence to get right in our faces. His service has been pretty poor lately and it's getting worse.

For mine, Galvin has been the only positive the entire season, and the possibility of what things might look next year with Luai coming over. Aside from that, and even though we've somehow won more games, I think most of the team has gone backwards. We're saddled with a coach who probably won't make it, and we have 3 more years of him left. Unless we do what we always do and sack him at some stage next year and cop the payout yet again.
Yep winning a game with 50+ missed tackles is a proper miracle. But we’ll take a win no matter how ugly it is

Tigerm

Coach
Well, thank f**k we won then.

We need to remember, we are fighting to avoid our third spoon, we all know we are not a good footy side atm.

Enjoy the win.

Next year.

Last edited: