What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Titans @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Knights v Titans

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Well, they've given me a reason to watch the footy tomorrow. I can see the Sharks losing to Canberra. Didn't embarrass the club or themselves on old boys day either which is nice.

Think it works something like;

Canberra beats Cronulla tomorrow,
St George beats Wests tomorrow,
Wests beat Cronulla next week,
Knights beat Penrith.
Plus, We need a 60 odd point differential over Cronulla.

Not really worth the time I invested working it out.
Or Melbourne or Cronulla get done for exceeding the cap.
We are dreaming. The season will be an "if only..."

perverse

Referee
Yeah Klem certainly played a different role today. I think in an ideal world he plays somewhere between what we saw today and what we usually get, with maybe some of the other forwards doing a bit of ballplaying at times too.

Bartwah

Juniors
I didn’t mind having 8200 there. Didn’t have to fight small children to get a photo with big Klem and the Pong

perverse

Referee
Lowest crowd since '97 apparently.

Watching Manly get pumped (even if it's by Melbourne) is nice icing on the cake this evening.

Knight76

Juniors
I like how Pearce can never get a short kick through the line without it being blocked or deflected. And then Mason does about 6 in one half.

He did well, and shows why we need a genuine 5/8. Pearce can't be expected to create everything, nor should we expect him to.

Old dog

Juniors
Maybe if we had a regular 5/8 performing each week Pearce could then be more selective when to do his thing. Always thought that Lino is better when allowed to dominate within, hence very good in reserves but over awed in firsts, today that changed.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well done Newcastle fans, there is no better way to make management notice disapproval of the crap going on than voting with your feet.

Would have lost money today. Knights fans come when raining, not when it is run like it is now.

Kudos.

perverse

Referee
Well done Newcastle fans, there is no better way to make management notice disapproval of the crap going on than voting with your feet.

Would have lost money today. Knights fans come when raining, not when it is run like it is now.

Kudos.
Pearce summed it up when asked about it in the press conference. "I don't blame them".

Knight Vision

First Grade
He did well, and shows why we need a genuine 5/8. Pearce can't be expected to create everything, nor should we expect him to.
yep it would help Pearce's game. I dont think he handles pressure at all well and he certainly isnt the most creative or aware half in the comp.

Loose Cannon

Bench
yep it would help Pearce's game. I dont think he handles pressure at all well and he certainly isnt the most creative or aware half in the comp.
To this end; I think Lino has a great deal to offer. I do agree he is very hot and cold, and there is a vast difference between his best and worst. He is very much a confidence player, and when he gains that confidence he is a quality game controller, at least in regard to value for money.

Yesterday saw Lino really step up and run the show, especially last tackle options, kicking in general, short kicking, (all areas that Pearce can be, and has been, diabolical at). He was also very dangerous running the ball, and clean linking with his outside men, again something we have severely lacked for two years. Frankly, even the Tigers game he was a clear standout amongst a group of potatoes.

His defence is an issue, and needs a lot of work, but I can’t imagine having Barnett inside (who doesn’t slide well at all), and Sione outside (his issues defending in the centres is well documented), is the easiest way to learn.

Plus, he is maybe the best goal kicker in the comp.

Having him at 6 certainly eases the pressure on Pearce to provide all the answers, creates a quality #2 kicking option (everything we’ve done is predictable, leaving Pearce finding the Fullback on the chest, 25 out centre field, as he is want to do), and will hopefully give Ponga the opportunity to “free range” more.

I feel he is worth sticking with. Especially given we aren’t looking to import.

Knight76

Juniors
I'm really hoping raiders can get over sharks, even if we dont end up making the 8, but just to see how the team reacts against Panthers in another do or die encounter.

See how Lino goes against better opposition and more pressure.

I'm really hoping raiders can get over sharks, even if we dont end up making the 8, but just to see how the team reacts against Panthers in another do or die encounter.

See how Lino goes against better opposition and more pressure.
Here's hoping Dragons beat Tigers too lol