What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 26 vs Gold Coast @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 26: Newcastle v Gold Coast

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Good result. Fun for maybe 30 minutes. I hate how negative we play. Why not keep the foot on the pedal? Why stop kicking at all on the fifth??? Worse than not contesting kicks.

Didn't really see a bad performer out there. Jones did well filling in. Great try at the end by Leo. Dan was okay but showed why he isn't getting a contract for 800k. Elliot will be a steal if he keeps playing like that on 500k a season.

Ponga was superb again. Just kept demanding the ball all game. Great stuff. Need that again next week.

Thomas Cant looked like a Reegan Tanner but he plays more like Ruben Cotter. Really impressed with him. Deserves his contract extension.

Cogger and Crossland just doing their part and not overplaying their hand. Good to see them defend well and support on line breaks. Brailey is serviceable but would be good to see a bit more creativity in and around the ruck.

Good win. Our finals literally start next week. Hopefully the weather is as good as it was today.

Alex28

Coach
Good result. Fun for maybe 30 minutes. I hate how negative we play. Why not keep the foot on the pedal? Why stop kicking at all on the fifth??? Worse than not contesting kicks.
We keep playing aggressive, get 50 in front but we lose Ponga or Best to injury.

Would that be worth it?

They were happy to not risk anything on the 5th and bury the Titans 90+ metres out from their try line. That far in front - why wouldn’t you?

Lynoman

Bench
My son's first live game in nearly 10 years, has always hated the footy.

You might have made a fan of him. LOVED the game and was so impressed with the guy, he called him Fletch!

Thanks guys, you put in the effort this arvo. And win lose or draw, that's all I ever want from you! Happy father and Knights supporter tonight!

Lynoman

Bench
We keep playing aggressive, get 50 in front but we lose Ponga or Best to injury.

Would that be worth it?

They were happy to not risk anything on the 5th and bury the Titans 90+ metres out from their try line. That far in front - why wouldn’t you?

We had someone behind us, asking why we kept running the ball every 5th tackle in the second half, next play we kick from 30 out, it goes dead for a 7 tackle set. I turned around and said, THAT'S why were running the ball on the 5th!

Alex28

Coach
We had someone behind us, asking why we kept running the ball every 5th tackle in the second half, next play we kick from 30 out, it goes dead for a 7 tackle set. I turned around and said, THAT'S why were running the ball on the 5th!
It’s boring, but it’s the smart play at the time.

Woody90

Juniors
Was really happy with the side’s mental fortitude today. No it definitely wasn’t a perfect performance but we saw what the pressure to win did to the Dragons and Donkeys this round but we didn’t choke like some of the others did.

Yes it was just the Titans, but we could have easily capitulated under the pressure but held ourselves together, despite not having some important forwards and odd halves pairing to say the least.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Was really happy with the side’s mental fortitude today. No it definitely wasn’t a perfect performance but we saw what the pressure to win did to the Dragons and Donkeys this round but we didn’t choke like some of the others did.

Yes it was just the Titans, but we could have easily capitulated under the pressure but held ourselves together, despite not having some important forwards and odd halves pairing to say the least.
And not taking chances to score in the first half. Luckily it didn’t cause us to go into our shell attacking wise in the 2nd.

Knight Tales

Bench
With the outs this week we could have a killer bench next week if all are passed fit. It would be tempting given how many points we scored today.
Pryce/Gamble
KPP
Friz
Jacob

Woody90

Juniors
Dunno if anyone addressed this but the wind was f**king strong as today, and spent the whole game swirling around to never favoured either team but made kicking a lottery

Yeah I was at the game and in the first half in particular it was crazy, couldn’t really work out if it was going with us or against us though.

Definitely affected both side’s attack in the first half.

Latest posts