What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs Dolphins @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 27: Newcastle v Dolphins

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Dolphins 13+

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woosh

Head Moderator
AOB>Bennett, in the past 2 season head to head is 3-1 AOB and AOB has made the finals twice whilst Wayne is having another September off

That’s a funny way to look at things but since you want to go down that line of thinking…

The old man will now have played finals 6 of the past 7 years.

Meanwhile his former team the Rabbitohs has missed the finals 2 years running.
To add more fuel to the fire his former captain Reynolds led Broncos has missed the finals 2 of the past 3 years.

Apey

Staff member
Two of my favourites as well. Knights legends. Aku looks like he's loving life after footy.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
How good was that game yesterday. Kinda buzzing from it tbh. We just played with a really high level of intensity throughout. We weren’t perfect but we defended our errors and I feel like the whole team had a good game. Our middle forwards in particular were outstanding. DSaf, Leo & Elliot ran hard all day and Hetho & Croker didn’t allow for any drop in momentum or intensity when they came on.

Marzhew was a weapon all day as well, just broke tackles every time he ran the ball. Bit of a shame he dropped the ball after making that break.

Overall we had a clear plan and delivered on it. Beating the Cowboys up in Townsville is going to be really tough but if we turn up the way we did yesterday then we’ve got a shot.

Burwood

Bench
Our middle forwards in particular were outstanding.

The way the Fox commentators were carrying on during the opening 10 minutes, you’d be excused for thinking that every prop out there was gassed. It was just the dolphins middle who were completely outmuscled and flat- our boys were brilliant and didn’t go off until 15 minutes later.

Dolphins lost the game in the forwards yesterday, which is ironic considering the media were blowing smoke up Wayne’s arse about his brilliant recruitment of hard nosed forwards and how Brisbane need to take a page out of his book.

Rod

Bench
Need the forums help naming all of these, it's driving me nuts.

I've got McKinnon, Scott, Rochow, Taia, Fa'aoso, Mullen, Gidley, Houston, but can't place the other few.

1000008478.png

mozza91

Coach
Does anyone else look at the 80 year old blokes that are 4 foot 7 and think surely they didn’t play First Grade for the Knights?

Latest posts