What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs Parramatta @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 27: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
I just wonder how you can teach the smarts or heart to cover in the middle.

In stating that I'm glad he is gone.
I missed this post and you make an interesting point Tiger.
When a big fella goes thru pathways the emphasis is on using your size when hitting the ball up and tackling. It used to be a very one dimensional learning process. That's why they used to say a prop doesn’t get the smarts until he's in his late 30's.
I'm seeing a change now because props are playing NRL when they have not long left high school.
The reason is...the game has got quicker, demanding longer playing minutes and the emphasis is all about speed and sustained pressure. Players with size are snapped up early and are signed on potential.
So to your point, "how do you teach the smarts to play middle." I left out heart because you've either got it or you haven't.
I'm convinced Bellyache can get Stef running with better body height, better in the wrestle and offloads.
Stef has had several coaches since he left the Eels and none of them could teach him how to run. Madge should've fixed this as he's been around the best, none better than Sam Burgess. I'm not saying he taught Sam, I'm saying Madge should have known what makes a middle a good middle.
Time will tell if one of the best coaches of all time can get Stef playing at SOO level. I doubt Benji could have.

Someone2

Bench
On James Graham the bye round on TikTok Nathan Hindmarsh just called the 2005 grandfinal the worst final ever

the guy knows his footy and should be a regular commentator

plus he is way funnier than Fletch

Wizardman

First Grade
On James Graham the bye round on TikTok Nathan Hindmarsh just called the 2005 grandfinal the worst final ever

the guy knows his footy and should be a regular commentator

plus he is way funnier than Fletch
I couldn't give a f**k if it was the most boring one on record. Im sure you'd trade in your 2001, 2009 and 2022 gf failures for a boring as f**k gf win too. Go back and watch Price and Cronin pick up your most recent trophy,

I hate to say it....but I think Stef will go very well next year. I say that for one reason and one reason only.....the choice of club he is going to. No player in their right mind would go to Melbourne for a bludge...it shows that Stef is going there for likely the right reasons.

Im not a fan of the bloke at all.

He doesn’t want to be part of the crocodile roll.

And as anyone who’s ever achieved anything knows, it’s the hard yards you do that makes a task worth it.

What you put into the club is what you get out of it.

As a player, I’d rather break into the finals with a close, rough and tumble and ragged tigers side than win a premiership with a marquee storm. Holds much more meaning.

You look at all those dragons supporters this year, coming so close with such an unlikely side and a fresh coach. People like @Dragon David and @Gareth67 they will tell you how great it is to have a competitive club and feel alive again. And a bright future ahead. Heady stuff for all those loyal folk which they thoroughly deserve for hanging on by their fingernails.

Latest posts