What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs St Geo Illa @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Carlton / Bidjigal

Who will win? Round 27: St Geo Illa v Newcastle

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rod

Bench
He made the second one look difficult but man he's a freak. Good game, did the job.

Nuke

Staff member
4 more wins.

That's the overly simplified task ahead. 4 more wins. Everyone is beatable. Nothing is a given.

Carn the Knights!

perverse

Referee
A lot of blokes deserve a rap tonight, but Enari really impressed me. Just did everything that was asked of him at the highest quality possible. The offload for Doms second try was top shelf. We're really lucky to have a guy like him in the squad. To have someone like him who can just slip into the backline and not let anyone down is invaluable.

mozza91

Coach
Another great win! The defence was particularly impressive. The Dragons had so much ball in that 2nd half and we defended so well. The middles were really good again, J Saf’s first stint was tremendous and Hetherington got through plenty of work.

Young and Marzhew are so f**king good. They bring so much to the side. Another great game from Gamble as well. He’d get Dally M 5/8 of the year of it wasn’t for Mam.

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
I don’t know why, but that was my favourite win of the season. I know it was just against the Dragons but we were severely depleted and could have easily dropped it to focus on next week but it was a great 80 minute performance. Regardless of how we go in the finals, so proud of them!

And yes, while I do think we’ll be able to find a suitable replacement for Dom, man it still sucks he’s leaving when we see the freakish things he can do.

Everyone had a great game but full credit to Gamble. Really took control with the rest of the spine missing.

aqua_duck

Coach
A lot of blokes deserve a rap tonight, but Enari really impressed me. Just did everything that was asked of him at the highest quality possible. The offload for Doms second try was top shelf. We're really lucky to have a guy like him in the squad. To have someone like him who can just slip into the backline and not let anyone down is invaluable.
Enari won’t ever be a superstar but I feel like he’s going to be a very good clubman and a key squad member who’s first cab off the rank to cover any injuries or suspensions in the wing and centre positions. Whoever we sign to replace Dom needs to earn that spot because we know Enari is more than capable of being a solid contributor there

I reckon Clune will be hard done by not getting a run next week. He has held his own.
Hastings must be close to spent carrying that injury then redoing it.
Maybe run Clune off the bench.

Yosh

Coach
Surely it's decided now. We're clearly the best team in NRL history!

Great to see our reserve lads come in and contribute. Can't believe Gamble had his try taken away. That was breathtaking. That was Lockyer and Munster wrapped in one. He led by example and carried the team today. Super impressed with him all round.

Didn't know Lucas was such a talent. I thought he was going to be another Brodie Jones but he has some x-factor about him and is safe as a house.

Brown looks a clear upgrade over Mann. Probably on a lot less as well. Croker plays 13 so well I don't think we lose too much when Elliot takes a break.

I think after tonight's match, Marzhew and Young are my official favorite Knights wing combo. 40 plus runs for 400m or something and some spectacular tries on top of some great defense. So sad to see Young go.

Really impressed with our club tonight. We finally look and feel like a well run professional club now. Does Parr and Gardner get some appreciation now?