What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 3: Raiders v Knights

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
In the past when we have asked him to do long stints he was in a team getting pumped each week and on the back foot in defence most of the game.

I'd like to see how Levi would go now also, given an 80 minute game, and with the team now able to get in to the arm wrestle with sets and not spend most of the game running up and back in defence.
Last week I noticed Levi looked to be struggling just before he was interchanged, can’t remember how far into the game it was but I still don’t think he’s an 80min player playing at 100%

Yosh

Coach
In the past when we have asked him to do long stints he was in a team getting pumped each week and on the back foot in defence most of the game.

I'd like to see how Levi would go now also, given an 80 minute game, and with the team now able to get in to the arm wrestle with sets and not spend most of the game running up and back in defence.

If we have more ball, just means Levi will have more opportunities to have brain farts. I hope he proves me wrong but season after season he dissapoints...

Silent Knight

First Grade
What exactly does Josh King offer us in the first grade team that Herman is lacking in? That article says Herman has some deficiencies, so Browny thinks the solution is a park footballer? Ffs.

PhilGould

Bench
He didn't play round 1 because of some bad defensive efforts during the trials and put in another bad effort on the Yeo try last week. I don't necessarily disagree with the reasoning behind dropping him, just hard to stomach when it's King replacing him. Cupboard is pretty bare at the moment with both Saifiti's and Saulo out of action.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yeah if we had the 2 x Saifitis and Saulo available I’d be okay with that. Josh King wouldn’t even get a look in. I put up with King in previous years because we literally didn’t have anyone better. But not anymore, he can stay in NSW Cup until a more promising junior comes along and replaces him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Herman mightn't be going too well but has potential to have a good game, King on the other hand has the potential to single handedly lose us the game. ...

Surely there must be more to this story.

aqua_duck

Coach
What exactly does Josh King offer us in the first grade team that Herman is lacking in? That article says Herman has some deficiencies, so Browny thinks the solution is a park footballer? Ffs.
It's perplexing, King literally offers nothing, undersized, lacks mobility, zero go forward, isn't even a great defender. He's deadset Joel Edwards without the big hits

PhilGould

Bench
Both Saifiti's will be back within the next fortnight supposedly so hopefully we won't see much of King. That said, hopefully he proves us all wrong v Raiders.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
While I hate seeing Josh King’s name on the team sheet I’ve gotta give Brown points for having the balls to drop players for poor performances. As a few others have said it’s a pity that the Saifitis and Saulo aren’t available for selection at the moment because they’d all be above King in the pecking order. For years we complained that previous coaches (e.g. Hagan & Stone) would copy and paste the same team list every week regardless of performance but I can’t question Brown’s willingness to drop players if he thinks they need to learn a lesson. The elite clubs are built on accountability and that’s the message that this sends.

For the record I don’t see King doing much but who knows maybe an off season alongside Klemmer, Glasby and Gavet has taught him a thing or two.

Pedge1971

First Grade
While I hate seeing Josh King’s name on the team sheet I’ve gotta give Brown points for having the balls to drop players for poor performances. As a few others have said it’s a pity that the Saifitis and Saulo aren’t available for selection at the moment because they’d all be above King in the pecking order. For years we complained that previous coaches (e.g. Hagan & Stone) would copy and paste the same team list every week regardless of performance but I can’t question Brown’s willingness to drop players if he thinks they need to learn a lesson. The elite clubs are built on accountability and that’s the message that this sends.

For the record I don’t see King doing much but who knows maybe an off season alongside Klemmer, Glasby and Gavet has taught him a thing or two.

Yeah sure, bit Josh fecking King?

Latest posts