What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 3: Raiders v Knights

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
stats dont always tell the picture. We also sit as 5th best D ( points conceded )

May be due to the fact that beside Gold Coast and us, Canberra and Penrith have the worst points for too???

The missed tackle stat is a massive worry. It may not have hurt our points conceded too much yet but nothing is surer if they don't fix it - we won't be within cooey of what is needed to make the 8.

Defense may have improved slightly but so it should have, esp in the middle with Klemmer and Glasby now starting for us. That was a no brainer. I'd hate to think what it would have been without those 2 playing.

I sincerely hope they can address the issues. I think dropping Sione will go a long way to addressing it.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
I remember people saying the same about a young fella named Billy Slater.....lets give him some time.

Assuming you were referring to Watson making a gun fullback...

I doubt Watson is a priority for Brown in regards to learning the fullback role, developing the skills needed and become a legend of the game. Ponga is the only gun we have and if Brown is ready to pull the pin on the 5/8 experiment already then Watson goes wherever he can fit in.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The missed tackle stat is a massive worry.
Sometimes I find these stats a bit confusing. Does diving, sticking arm out and touching an opponent constitute a missed tackle ? I noticed Sione busts his ass and does this a bit when trying to do too much.

In the sharks game I think Gavet made more tackles than he was credited for etc.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Watson goes wherever he can fit in
that's be 5/8 I imagine. He didnt really have a decent shake at it last season. He's looking a bit of an injury prone player is our dear Watson. If not Watson I'd like to see this Lino guy have a go as he would be another kicking option, not convinced of his quality though.....think reserve grade might be better for him but happy to be proven wrong

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I feel sorry for Watson, he was offered first crack at 5/8 when he signed, then gets injured and misses half the season then comes back from injury and has none other than Jack Cogger as his halves partner and we go on a big losing streak then he gets injured again and barely plays another full game all year. Then during the off season Brown decides to switch him back to fullback and then he has a couple of average games and then gets injured again.

To be honest nothing has really gone right for Watson since he got here so I’m prepared to cut him some slack. If we’re going to move Ponga back to FB then I think Watson should get a fair crack at 5/8 as he was promised.

I feel sorry for Watson, he was offered first crack at 5/8 when he signed, then gets injured and misses half the season then comes back from injury and has none other than Jack Cogger as his halves partner and we go on a big losing streak then he gets injured again and barely plays another full game all year. Then during the off season Brown decides to switch him back to fullback and then he has a couple of average games and then gets injured again.

To be honest nothing has really gone right for Watson since he got here so I’m prepared to cut him some slack. If we’re going to move Ponga back to FB then I think Watson should get a fair crack at 5/8 as he was promised.
I reckon it will work with Watson with the option to switch him and Ponga during the game. We might name Ponga at 5/8 then switch as a tactic.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Be happy to see Watson at 5/8 like he was start of last year. Worked simpler for pearce and team. I’d say Lino but I do t think he’s completed a game yet with his knee injury. Big no to Mann, don’t change the team so much. Two tight losses isn’t reason to go crazy with changes.

Yosh

Coach
Some great points but we're only 3 games in. If we had won the last two by a two or four points, I'd argue that many of us would be saying that we have a great mentality and we have been grinding out great wins. Let's see where we are after 10 rounds. I'm gonna stay positive till then at least.

Still Nutty

Juniors
mfOSTSx.png

Stats for first three games if anyone is interested.
May be due to the fact that beside Gold Coast and us, Canberra and Penrith have the worst points for too???

The missed tackle stat is a massive worry. It may not have hurt our points conceded too much yet but nothing is surer if they don't fix it - we won't be within cooey of what is needed to make the 8.

Defense may have improved slightly but so it should have, esp in the middle with Klemmer and Glasby now starting for us. That was a no brainer. I'd hate to think what it would have been without those 2 playing.

I sincerely hope they can address the issues. I think dropping Sione will go a long way to addressing it.
Not arguing any of the other points here but on a really positive note, Fitzy's figures just keep getting better and better....for all the new blood brought in, he is showing he is up there with some of the best quality forwards in the comp

Latest posts